Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

J.J. Abrams and Valve Teaming up to Make a movie. Hope it is Half-Life

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted February 06 2013 - 01:14 PM

I just read that J.J. Abrams is teaming up with Valve to make a movie based on one of Valve's games. Probably either Half-life or Portal. I know there is a mixed track record of turning a video game into a movie, but I am hopefull Abrams can do it. I loved both Half-Life and Protal but I really hope they make a Half-life movie. With a decent budget, I could really see Half-life being turned into pretty cool movie. Portal would also be interesting, but I think they would have to add a lot of story to make it into a movie. Here is a link to the story: http://blog.zap2it.c...ll-team-up.html
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,333 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted February 07 2013 - 01:48 AM

I just read that J.J. Abrams is teaming up with Valve to make a movie based on one of Valve's games. Probably either Half-life or Portal. I know there is a mixed track record of turning a video game into a movie, but I am hopefull Abrams can do it. I loved both Half-Life and Protal but I really hope they make a Half-life movie. With a decent budget, I could really see Half-life being turned into pretty cool movie. Portal would also be interesting, but I think they would have to add a lot of story to make it into a movie. Here is a link to the story: http://blog.zap2it.c...ll-team-up.html

Abrams with a goatee and you have Gordon Freeman!
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,587 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 03:34 AM

I think Half Life could be made into a SERIES of movies, lots of potential there.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted February 08 2013 - 03:12 AM

Richard, I agree. I think the first Half-life game would make a good standalone movie. Then, if it is successful, there is Half-life 2 and the additional episodes they could draw on. I think Portal 2 would could be made into a movie, but since there is only 1 human character there would have to be a lot of "liberties" taken to make the movie commercial. I guess they could include flashbacks to how Caroline became Glados and even how Chele (or whatever the main characters name is) came to be in the lab. I still think that following the events at Black Mesa would make a better story. Either way, I am really happy they are talking about making this into a reality.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users