Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

J.J. Abrams and Valve Teaming up to Make a movie. Hope it is Half-Life

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,024 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted February 06 2013 - 01:14 PM

I just read that J.J. Abrams is teaming up with Valve to make a movie based on one of Valve's games. Probably either Half-life or Portal. I know there is a mixed track record of turning a video game into a movie, but I am hopefull Abrams can do it. I loved both Half-Life and Protal but I really hope they make a Half-life movie. With a decent budget, I could really see Half-life being turned into pretty cool movie. Portal would also be interesting, but I think they would have to add a lot of story to make it into a movie. Here is a link to the story: http://blog.zap2it.c...ll-team-up.html
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#2 of 4 Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,304 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted February 07 2013 - 01:48 AM

I just read that J.J. Abrams is teaming up with Valve to make a movie based on one of Valve's games. Probably either Half-life or Portal. I know there is a mixed track record of turning a video game into a movie, but I am hopefull Abrams can do it. I loved both Half-Life and Protal but I really hope they make a Half-life movie. With a decent budget, I could really see Half-life being turned into pretty cool movie. Portal would also be interesting, but I think they would have to add a lot of story to make it into a movie. Here is a link to the story: http://blog.zap2it.c...ll-team-up.html

Abrams with a goatee and you have Gordon Freeman!
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#3 of 4 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,477 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 03:34 AM

I think Half Life could be made into a SERIES of movies, lots of potential there.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#4 of 4 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,024 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted February 08 2013 - 03:12 AM

Richard, I agree. I think the first Half-life game would make a good standalone movie. Then, if it is successful, there is Half-life 2 and the additional episodes they could draw on. I think Portal 2 would could be made into a movie, but since there is only 1 human character there would have to be a lot of "liberties" taken to make the movie commercial. I guess they could include flashbacks to how Caroline became Glados and even how Chele (or whatever the main characters name is) came to be in the lab. I still think that following the events at Black Mesa would make a better story. Either way, I am really happy they are talking about making this into a reality.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users