Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Sylvester and Hippety Hopper - Looney Tunes Super Stars

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 818 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:42 AM

From Classic Flix:

Warner Bros. has announced an April 23rd release date for Sylvester & Hippety Hopper (Looney Tunes Super Stars).

The single disc release will feature all 13 Sylvester/Hippety shorts plus five bonus Sylvester cartoons. 17 of the 18 are new-to-DVD.

Posted Image

SHORTS: 
Hop, Look an Listen

Hippety Hopper

Pop ‘im Pop!

Who's Kitten Who?

Hoppy-Go-Lucky

Cats Aweigh!

Bell Hoppy

Lighthouse Mouse

Too Hop to Handle

Slap-Hoppy Mouse

Mouse-Taken Identity

Hoppy Daze

Freudy Cat

Cat's Paw

Fish and Slips

Birds of a Father

Claws in the Lease

Goldimouse and the Three Cats

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#2 of 15 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,648 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 16 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm in, but these releases just confuse the collectors who are also buying the Platinum Collections.

oof!

My wallet cries me to sleep!

This post kills threads!

#3 of 15 notquite

notquite

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 11:48 AM

Looney Tunes Super Stars' Sylvester & Hippety Hopper: Marsupial Mayhem Mouse-Taken Identity is on chuck jones mouse chronicles Hippety Hopper is a bonus caroon on golden collection 6 disc 1 GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS is on golden collection 5 disc 2 so 1 double dipped upgrade and 2 full double dips so 17 of 18 int new, it is pathetic WB lies on press releases

#4 of 15 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 01:01 PM

From Classic Flix: Warner Bros. has announced an  April 23rd  release date for  Sylvester & Hippety Hopper (Looney Tunes Super Stars) .

The single disc release will feature all 13 Sylvester/Hippety shorts plus five bonus Sylvester cartoons. 17 of the 18 are new-to-DVD.

Posted Image

SHORTS:  Hop, Look an Listen Hippety Hopper Pop im Pop! Who's Kitten Who? Hoppy-Go-Lucky Cats Aweigh! Bell Hoppy Lighthouse Mouse Too Hop to Handle Slap-Hoppy Mouse Mouse-Taken Identity Hoppy Daze Freudy Cat Cat's Paw Fish and Slips Birds of a Father Claws in the Lease Goldimouse and the Three Cats

This thread is fully explained and detailed out with the latest and most-updated information in the TV on DVD section of this site as well.

#5 of 15 notquite

notquite

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:34 PM

This thread is fully explained and detailed out with the latest and most-updated information in the TV on DVD section of this site as well.

LEARN TO READ - ONLY Hippety Hopper was unrestored before this release - the other 2 are already available on other collections in the same restored condition, meaning there is 2 full double dips Mouse-Taken Identity is on chuck jones mouse chronicles Hippety Hopper is a bonus cartoon on golden collection 6 disc 1 GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS is on golden collection 5 disc 2 - restored

#6 of 15 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,648 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:31 PM

Why are theatrical cartoons in the TV section?

My wallet cries me to sleep!

This post kills threads!

#7 of 15 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,786 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:43 PM

Notquite:

Let's cut this "learn to read" line from your vocabulary on the Home Theater Forum.  Our desire for civility is represented in HTF Rule #10:

10. No personal attacks. We expect all members to treat each other with consideration and respect. While we encourage lively debate, we do not allow personal attacks. This includes direct attacks, such as name-calling, as well as indirect attacks, such as repeated baiting of a member in a provocative or belittling manner. If you believe that you have been subjected to a personal attack, or have witnessed one on another member, please see the section on Dealing with Problems for instructions on how to proceed.

Welcome to the HTF.  We are always glad to have new people join the discussions.  But it would serve you well to get acquainted with the place and our rules (also, please, check out Rule #1) before you go calling out our other members.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#8 of 15 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 08:23 AM

My concern is that this set will be like the Pepe Le Peu set: 17 cartoons with one joke (its a giant mouse). Can anyone who knows these cartoons better than I confirm this?

#9 of 15 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,453 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hippety Hopper isn't in all of the cartoons, about roughly 10 of them. The rest feature just Sylvester and Sylvester Jr.

#10 of 15 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hippety Hopper isn't in all of the cartoons, about roughly 10 of them. The rest feature just Sylvester and Sylvester Jr.

And again, three of the 18 cartoons are repeats/double dips, but WB is representing them as being brand new and never on DVD before and that's just a bit deceptive at their end. This isn't the first time they have done this with regard to the Superstars collections. They need to do some research first before they post their introductory comments on these releases, but at least they have the time to rectify all this.

#11 of 15 Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 11:03 AM

I'm in, but these releases just confuse the collectors who are also buying the Platinum Collections. oof!

I agree with this. IF WHV is crying the blues about how DVD's don't sell. Why are most of the cartoons they restore going there exclusively?

#12 of 15 notquite

notquite

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 11:11 AM

And again, three of the 18 cartoons are repeats/double dips, but WB is representing them as being brand new and never on DVD before and that's just a bit deceptive at their end. This isn't the first time they have done this with regard to the Superstars collections. They need to do some research first before they post their introductory comments on these releases, but at least they have the time to rectify all this.

It is MORE than deceptive, it is FRAUD on WB'S part

#13 of 15 notquite

notquite

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 11:12 AM

I agree with this. IF WHV is crying the blues about how DVD's don't sell. Why are most of the cartoons they restore going there exclusively?

Because WB us run by buffoons who really do not care nor do they know how to run things properly.

#14 of 15 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 06:51 PM

It is MORE than deceptive, it is FRAUD on WB'S part

I think it's more likely inattention to detail.

#15 of 15 Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 389 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 05:17 AM

Because both DVD and Blu-ray buyers can buy DVD, and WHV can probably best have it both ways with collectors and general consumers (as it seems they want to regardless of series) with a single release on DVD only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users