Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

4 way Mains Power Extension Pluged into a 10 way Surge?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   UK-Dude

UK-Dude

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hello all, I'm very new to this site and like to know if a 4 way Mains Power Extension will be fine pluged into a 10 way Surge or plug a 4 way Surge into a 10 way Surge? The thing is my two way wall socket as got two 10 way Surges on both off the left right socket parts. Both Surges are all filled up with my TV, Computer, Monitor, Game consoles and so on! And i don't have any more sockets to add 3 more game consoles what are a Gamecube, Wii U, PS3 super slim. So i like to know if pluging a 4 way Mains Power Extension or a 4 way Surge into a 10 way Surge will be fine or over doing it? It's not like i will be running all off the consoles at the sametime but i don't know if this is fine or not. I'm from the UK if that helps Thnak you :)

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,933 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:17 PM

If you’re asking if you can plug one power strip into another, it’s generally frowned upon. But as long as you don’t have everything on at the same time you should be okay. At least from a electrical-loading perspective – can’t comment on the surge-protection aspect.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,932 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 13 2012 - 06:18 PM

Just don't plug the surge protector into itself... Yes, that is a joke we Americans are familiar with. Common joke about idiots who buy computers and wonder why there is no power... "Well, the instructions said to plug the surge protector in..."

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   UK-Dude

UK-Dude

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 03:18 AM

lol very funny

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   UK-Dude

UK-Dude

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 03:20 AM

Thank you very much for the info. :)