What's new

Star Trek Enterprise coming to blu ray in 2013!! (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I didn't see a thread started on this one.
It's a nice idea to let people vote on the artwork for the sets..
http://www.treknews.net/2012/11/12/star-trek-enterprise-blu-ray-2013/
I recently watched Season 1 online and I really enjoyed seeing it again.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I never got into this series, but would be interested if the price is right. Hopefully the fact that there are already HD masters will allow a lower price point than TNG or the OS.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Jeff Ulmer said:
I never got into this series, but would be interested if the price is right. Hopefully the fact that there are already HD masters will allow a lower price point than TNG or the OS.
Agreed. You can watch most of the episodes online on Star Trek.com.
I never cared for it and was disappointed with it for years. When I watched season 1 again this year, I had forgotten what a great start the show got off to. Season 2 also seems like it was good as well.
I feel the same though. Interested if the price is right.
I'm holding off TNG Remastered season 1 and 2 right now. Just too much stuff to buy and not enough disposable income. : )

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I rewatched the show about 2 years ago on DVD, seeing many episodes for the first time. I thought it was great; much much better than I remembered. I loved season 4 when i aired, but seeing the four seasons as a whole gave me a new appreciation for the series. I'm in for the blu-rays.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Sam Favate said:
I rewatched the show about 2 years ago on DVD, seeing many episodes for the first time. I thought it was great; much much better than I remembered. I loved season 4 when i aired, but seeing the four seasons as a whole gave me a new appreciation for the series. I'm in for the blu-rays.
It sounds like season 1 is coming in 1st Quarter?
So there isn't a lot of work needed to transfer the series to blu ray?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Osato said:
It sounds like season 1 is coming in 1st Quarter?
So there isn't a lot of work needed to transfer the series to blu ray?
The show was shot in HD - so the effects are already up to snuff. This is literally a dump and encode to disc most likely, though I hope they give the surround some minor treatment before release. I watched a lot of this on HDTV back when it aired live, and it was my first "Oh Wow" moment with HD.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
David Upton said:
The show was shot in HD - so the effects are already up to snuff. This is literally a dump and encode to disc most likely, though I hope they give the surround some minor treatment before release. I watched a lot of this on HDTV back when it aired live, and it was my first "Oh Wow" moment with HD.
Cool. Thanks for the info and the post!
I believe the Star Trek Animated Series was also mastered in HD before it's DVD release as well. So there should be a few HD releases for CBS that won't cost as much as TNG will in terms of restoration cost.
Hope Voyager and DS9 are being discussed for blu ray as well.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
There is another thread for the same thing here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/325138/pick-enterprise-bd-cover-art
Just FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks