Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek Enterprise coming to blu ray in 2013!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:49 PM

I didn't see a thread started on this one. It's a nice idea to let people vote on the artwork for the sets.. http://www.treknews....e-blu-ray-2013/ I recently watched Season 1 online and I really enjoyed seeing it again.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:47 AM

I never got into this series, but would be interested if the price is right. Hopefully the fact that there are already HD masters will allow a lower price point than TNG or the OS.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 12:58 PM

I never got into this series, but would be interested if the price is right. Hopefully the fact that there are already HD masters will allow a lower price point than TNG or the OS.

Agreed. You can watch most of the episodes online on Star Trek.com. I never cared for it and was disappointed with it for years. When I watched season 1 again this year, I had forgotten what a great start the show got off to. Season 2 also seems like it was good as well. I feel the same though. Interested if the price is right. I'm holding off TNG Remastered season 1 and 2 right now. Just too much stuff to buy and not enough disposable income. : )

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,944 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 01:30 AM

I rewatched the show about 2 years ago on DVD, seeing many episodes for the first time. I thought it was great; much much better than I remembered. I loved season 4 when i aired, but seeing the four seasons as a whole gave me a new appreciation for the series. I'm in for the blu-rays.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:49 PM

I rewatched the show about 2 years ago on DVD, seeing many episodes for the first time. I thought it was great; much much better than I remembered. I loved season 4 when i aired, but seeing the four seasons as a whole gave me a new appreciation for the series. I'm in for the blu-rays.

It sounds like season 1 is coming in 1st Quarter? So there isn't a lot of work needed to transfer the series to blu ray?

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 903 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted November 23 2012 - 04:52 PM

It sounds like season 1 is coming in 1st Quarter? So there isn't a lot of work needed to transfer the series to blu ray?

The show was shot in HD - so the effects are already up to snuff. This is literally a dump and encode to disc most likely, though I hope they give the surround some minor treatment before release. I watched a lot of this on HDTV back when it aired live, and it was my first "Oh Wow" moment with HD.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 08:36 AM

The show was shot in HD - so the effects are already up to snuff. This is literally a dump and encode to disc most likely, though I hope they give the surround some minor treatment before release. I watched a lot of this on HDTV back when it aired live, and it was my first "Oh Wow" moment with HD.

Cool. Thanks for the info and the post! I believe the Star Trek Animated Series was also mastered in HD before it's DVD release as well. So there should be a few HD releases for CBS that won't cost as much as TNG will in terms of restoration cost. Hope Voyager and DS9 are being discussed for blu ray as well.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 499 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:27 AM

There is another thread for the same thing here: http://www.hometheat...se-bd-cover-art Just FYI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users