Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season Five

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 27 2012 - 11:21 PM

The new season starts on Saturday, September 29 at 9:30 AM. I'm not sad that it's moving from Friday nights but the quality of this show is so far above the usual Saturday morning crap that it still should have a prime time slot. I know that people watch the show via DVR, etc. anyway but running what is easily the best looking animated show on TV as some regular Saturday morning cartoon just cheapens it in my opinion. In better news, Entertainment Weekly has an awesome looking 3 and a half minute commercial for the new season: http://insidetv.ew.c...ious-exclusive/

#2 of 13 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,380 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 29 2012 - 05:50 AM

It's interesting -- Saturday morning is no longer "cartoon time," thanks in no small part to the Cartoon Network and other kid-oriented channels being always available.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#3 of 13 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't know if anyone here is still watching the show but last week's episode (The Lawless) was awesome. It was the fourth and final episode in an arc focusing on Darth Maul and it was one of the best episodes of the series.

#4 of 13 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted February 08 2013 - 04:18 PM

I dropped out during the interminable Ahsoka's Insurgents arc. The fact the Maul episode was fourth in an arc shows I made the right call. This show should be more done-in-one. Anyway, haven't enjoyed it for a long time.

#5 of 13 Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,235 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 02:52 AM

I agree with Travis, the last episode was easily the most epic of the entire series, and maybe even better than some of the movies.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#6 of 13 Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted February 17 2013 - 08:03 AM

After a somewhat lacklustre start, this season has been getting better and better. At least they gave Darth Maul a reasonable storyline to make up for the ridiculous way he was resurrected. But with the last two episodes focusing on the Jedi and how they are viewed by others, the increasing tension between the Jedi and the Clones and Anakin's relationship with his apprentice, they have probably produced some of the best work of the series and in many ways better than the films. If they manage to keep the quality up for the remaining two episodes of this arc, this could easily have worked as an Episode 2 1/2. or a sequel film to the Clone Wars film. I only hope the conclusion of this arc will have a lasting effect on the show in some way as opposed to resetting the characters for the 6th season. I suspect it may well do.

#7 of 13 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 08:10 AM

It was announced today that they're be bringing the series to an end. While that sounds grim, there's so many hold over episodes that the show should have a sixth and seventh season (presumably airing on the Disney XD channel). Although that assumes that they produce their standard 26 episodes for the sixth production season. For the super nerdy, the math on the remaining episodes: - There's 3 episodes produced in the fourth production season that have yet to air - There's 15 episodes produced in the fifth production season that have yet to air - There's 26 episodes produced in the sixth production season that have yet to air* That totals up to 44 episodes or 2 seasons (22 episodes per year) worth of episodes left. *I'm basing that number on that being the amount they produced for the other years

#8 of 13 Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted March 12 2013 - 03:47 AM

I would imagine though that a lot of those episode will only be partially completed. A bit disappointed really. I was expecting an eventual season that would run concurrent with events from Episode III and cover Order 66 and its ramifications. Guess thats not going to happen now. Would welcome the opportunity for more episodes and suspect we may see straight to DVD/Bluray releases eventually. They could always do another film and I expect it will be far more successful than the last one now.

#9 of 13 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts

Posted March 12 2013 - 04:41 AM

I would imagine though that a lot of those episode will only be partially completed.

I assume it's correct that, as of this moment, all the episodes aren't finished yet but since the show will be going to another channel and sold on iTunes, DVD, Blu-ray, etc., there's no reason to think that they won't be completed (especially when they've probably got until the 2014-15 season when the bulk of those sixth production season episodes will run). Once again, that assumes that they make 26 episodes in the sixth production season.

#10 of 13 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,736 posts

Posted March 12 2013 - 05:15 AM

I don't think we'll see anything approximating a full season. The details are unclear but it sounds like only a few shows will be completed. EW says they're referred to as "bonus material," which should tell you where they are likely to end up.

http://insidetv.ew.c...nceled-detours/

#11 of 13 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts

Posted March 12 2013 - 06:25 AM

I don't think we'll see anything approximating a full season.

Like I've said, there's at least 18 holdover episodes from the fourth and fifth production seasons left and they've already started working on the sixth production year. Even if they scrap all the episodes in the current production season (which would be a senseless waste of money when the show isn't being dropped because of ratings) or drastically shorten the number of episodes for the sixth production season (which is a definite possibility), there's still basically a full season left.

#12 of 13 MattBradley

MattBradley

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted April 07 2013 - 03:27 PM

Seems like Disney is walking away from lots of things that were far along in development. The previews of the games from LucasArts is heartbreaking to see along with the news of the Clone Wars team being disbanded.

What is understood need not be discussed.

#13 of 13 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts

Posted April 07 2013 - 06:43 PM

Seems like Disney is walking away from lots of things that were far along in development.

It seems like "throwing away" is a more apt term when they're apparently just shelving finished episodes or screwing the talent by calling it bonus content. When the Disney sale was announced, I thought it was a pretty good thing in terms of the longevity of Star Wars (and it still is) but I guess Disney just wanted the ability to make movies and isn't concerned with anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users