Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Campaign - quick review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted August 12 2012 - 02:47 AM

Marketed as a comedy of a campaign battle for a US Congressman's seat from the state of North Carolina, it's more of a satire on the state of current day affairs of how big money puts in puppets to do their legislative bidding in the Congress. 4-term incumbent Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) looks to be in the clear for an uncontested 5th term (in spite of his womanizing and other personal excesses), but with a change in big money support, he faces a challenge in the form of Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis), simply a cuckold who somehow finds some fortitude, and pushes back at Brady's politically offensive tactics. The film is rated R for plenty of raunchy language and situations, I laughed at many of of political faux pas each candidate commit in the film, as their campaigns have an ebb and flow of doing well or poorly in the polls. Is it a great comedy, no, not really, but it wasn't a dreary affair, and does reflect somewhat the election politics landscape of today. I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,625 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted August 12 2012 - 08:20 AM

I pretty much agree. Could have been much funnier and a lot worse. :star: :star: 1/2
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users