What's new

The Campaign - quick review (2 Viewers)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Marketed as a comedy of a campaign battle for a US Congressman's seat from the state of North Carolina, it's more of a satire on the state of current day affairs of how big money puts in puppets to do their legislative bidding in the Congress.
4-term incumbent Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) looks to be in the clear for an uncontested 5th term (in spite of his womanizing and other personal excesses), but with a change in big money support, he faces a challenge in the form of Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis), simply a cuckold who somehow finds some fortitude, and pushes back at Brady's politically offensive tactics. The film is rated R for plenty of raunchy language and situations, I laughed at many of of political faux pas each candidate commit in the film, as their campaigns have an ebb and flow of doing well or poorly in the polls. Is it a great comedy, no, not really, but it wasn't a dreary affair, and does reflect somewhat the election politics landscape of today.
I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I pretty much agree. Could have been much funnier and a lot worse.
:star: :star: 1/2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks