What's new

Jericho Season 3 (????) Netflix in Negotiations (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, there was a peanut campaign to bring it back for a short, but fun Season 2.. and now, Netflix has asked CBS to open up for consideration the series for a revival in a Season 3.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/01/holy-moly-netflix-eyes-jericho/131699/

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Netflix-Jericho-1046804.aspx

Apocalypse now? TV Guide Magazine confirms that Netflix has approached CBS about reviving cult fave Jericho — and the network, through its CBS TV Studios production arm, is considering it. The drama, which followed the residents of a small Kansas town in the wake of a nuclear attack, has been off the air since 2008.
Repeats of Jericho remain popular on Netflix's on-demand service, even four years after the show's cancellation. Insiders say Netflix execs would love to emulate the revival of Fox's Arrested Development, which is expected to return on Netflix with new episodes in 2013, seven years after the show ended its run. Like Arrested fans, Jericho's are a passionate bunch: CBS renewed the post-apocalyptic show for a second season in 2007 after viewers bombarded the network with cases of peanuts.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
This is about as random as it comes in the TV world. For the record, I would watch season 3, if it came about.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
Season Two ended with an opening for a third season (maybe it was the alternative ending) with Skeet Ulrich's character saying he was going to rescue his friend, Lenny James' character.
I'll buy the DVD set.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Hawkins getting captured was the alternate ending they shot in case the show got picked up for a third year. When word came down of the cancellation, they used the other ending instead (where Hawkins gets rescued) for the broadcast version.
But either way, there was still one hell of hook for a third season going on there. Got everything crossed this goes through.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Been a while since I watched this series but I did like it a lot. If they brought it back I would watch it for sure.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
I watched both endings. Must have mixed them up with wishful thinking.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks