What's new

1 blu ray or separate cd and dvd players? (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I don't know your setup, but I see no reason for separate Blu-Ray and DVD players, at least. I'd just get a really good Blu-Ray player and use it for both. If you're only going to listen to CDs through the TV set, then that will work for CDs, too.

stevenHa

Second Unit
I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 blu ray player with a 42 inch Panasonic 720p plasma tv and I notice older black and white movies sometimes have parts of the image washed out in contrast which didn't happen with my Oppo dvd player. Can someone account/remedy this or do I need to get an Oppo blu ray player instead ?

Hijack

Grip
Real Name
Phil
AndyMcKinney said:
I don't know your setup, but I see no reason for separate Blu-Ray and DVD players, at least. I'd just get a really good Blu-Ray player and use it for both. If you're only going to listen to CDs through the TV set, then that will work for CDs, too.
Setup is two Energy speakers and subwoofer with a/v receiver yet to be bought. Hoping for one good Blu-ray player for CDs and DVDs but would consider separate CD and DVD players.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
There's no reason to have separate players. I always recommend the Panasonic Blu-ray players. The new models just came out also.

Hijack

Grip
Real Name
Phil
Jim Mcc said:
There's no reason to have separate players. I always recommend the Panasonic Blu-ray players. The new models just came out also.
Thanks, Jim. Not enough "analysis" on new models yet, 2011 models look good. Time to decide and move on!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I'm going to buy one of the new Panasonic Blu-rays to replace my Pan. BD65 for a couple reasons: 1) The new ones will stream Netflix in 1080p, 2) the new ones will display the Netflix subtitles. There are also a couple more improvements.

Hijack

Grip
Real Name
Phil
Jim Mcc said:
I'm going to buy one of the new Panasonic Blu-rays to replace my Pan. BD65 for a couple reasons: 1) The new ones will stream Netflix in 1080p, 2) the new ones will display the Netflix subtitles. There are also a couple more improvements.
OK, so which one(s) are you looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks