What's new

Bought the newest stuff but convenience sucks...? (1 Viewer)

dutchman71

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Experts, so I bought the newest stuff: Samsung SmartTV UN65C8000-LED, Yamaha RX-V671 AV Receiver, and Boston Accoustics Sound Bar but I'm having a lot of trouble with the sound control :(. As input to the AV Receiver I have a Roku (HDMI) and a Logitech Squeezebox (analog audio). The problem I'm having is this: 1. If I use the Roku, the sound comes via HDMI to the TV and then I use an optical audio cable from the TV to the sound bar. This sucks, because whenever I switch from the Squeezebox to the Roku, I have to change the input on the sound bar. Also, I can't regulate the volume of the sound bar with the TV remote because the volume always stays the same...? So I have to bend down and control volume on the sound bar. Also, if I have sound from the TV and sound bar at the same time, there is a slight delay between the two so the sound is not clear. 2. For the Squeezebox setup, I use an analog audio cable from the Yahama AV to the Sound bar. So if I use the Squeezebox, I have to again change the Sound bar input to analog and then I can control the volume from the Sqeezebox. There must be an easier way to control the Soundbar input and volume... I just don't see it... :confused: Any suggestions appreciated.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I know nothing about that soundbar, but I do know you're compromising sound quality using one. Can you use normal front speakers instead?

dutchman71

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Jim - thanks for your mail. I could but I just got rid of my speakers because the kids always moved them and they didn't stay at the right place. :D

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Is there some reason you're sending the Roku audio directly to the sound bar? It should go to the receiver, similar to set-up#2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks