Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A Few Details on Panasonic's 2012 Blu-ray Player line-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   MrBoylan

MrBoylan

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted January 23 2012 - 12:37 AM

Check out Panasonic's upcoming Blu-ray player line-up. Smaller, faster, more streaming, 1080/24p output from streaming sources (in addition to Blu-ray and DVD), and potentially higher performance overall, particularly on DVDs with enhancements to Panasonic's Super Resolution technology. Also, a new high-end player with audiophile grade parts and 7.1 channel analog outputs (DMP-BDT500). Find out more here (with a few pics): Panasonic's 2012 Blu-ray Player Line -CB
Chris Boylan
Editor in Chief
Big Picture Big Sound

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted January 23 2012 - 03:30 AM

The DMP-BDT500 looks pretty good. I have been pretty happy with the free one I got with my TV. Depending on the price I might look at it a little later this year.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   MrBoylan

MrBoylan

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted January 23 2012 - 07:24 AM

The DMP-BDT500 looks pretty good. I have been pretty happy with the free one I got with my TV. Depending on the price I might look at it a little later this year.

Yeah, I was happily surprised that they went back to having a true high-end player with multi-channel analog outputs. I know the market for this is smaller, but it shows that Panasonic is still in tune with the high-end A/V enthusiast audience. -CB
Chris Boylan
Editor in Chief
Big Picture Big Sound