Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

COLUMBIA FILM NOIR CLASSICS 3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 409 posts

Posted August 05 2012 - 01:32 PM

Of course if the packaging is the same one Columbia uses with locking the discs in place over each other, then there is something wrong with it.:)
Guys, can anyone comment on the packaging style for this set? Are the discs held in place by thick tabs on the sides requiring one to depress the top disc downwards, vertically, to release it? The Columbia Bogart set was like this, and it sounds like the new Columbia Pre-Code set is as well. TCM simply describes these as a "custom case." Much thanks.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,678 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted August 05 2012 - 01:47 PM

My Columbia Noir sets are 2 discs to a "page", in that conventional overlapping method that requires taking the top disc off to get the bottom one out or put it back in without risk.  (If those are the sets you're asking about.)

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 409 posts

Posted August 05 2012 - 02:27 PM

The Columbia Bogart set is like that except, rather than a center hub, the top disc is held down in part by two small (and thick) thumbnail-type tabs. So it's tough to get the disc out, and makes for a nice headache if you receive a set with scratched discs due to the difficulty in assembly. I'm curious if this Noir Volume 3 is like that, or if it has the conventional hubs at the center.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul Penna

Paul Penna

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted August 05 2012 - 07:30 PM

The Columbia Bogart set is like that except, rather than a center hub, the top disc is held down in part by two small (and thick) thumbnail-type tabs. So it's tough to get the disc out, and makes for a nice headache if you receive a set with scratched discs due to the difficulty in assembly. I'm curious if this Noir Volume 3 is like that, or if it has the conventional hubs at the center.
Mine has hubs, but in the case of the two-per-page sections, they're only partial hubs. I've already had a disc come loose and slide out when I pulled the book from the slip cover, so be careful.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 409 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 09:22 AM

Great, thank you Paul. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users