What's new

Yamaha HTR 6130 need help (1 Viewer)

warpdesign

Auditioning
Real Name
Ro
My receiver seems to be really screwed up. I have no audio coming through the surround speakers. On the front of the unit there are lights for the speakers and only the L and R lights are lit up even though no audio comes through those speakers, mainly only through the center speaker. When I cycle through the speakers with the A/B/C/D/E button all the speakers say 0db except the two rear ones, those have - -. I've tried resetting it to the factory default but that didn't seem to fix anything. Any ideas what's going on with this thing?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You have to start with the silly things first. Are the speakers hooked up correctly? Are the other components hooked up with a digital connection like optical or coaxial and not the red and white analogs? Are the components (cable/satellite box, dvd player, etc) setup to deliver a surround sound signal and not a stereo signal? With dvd's you also have to make sure Dolby/DTS 5.1 is selected and not Stereo in the Discs audio setup menu's (most default to 5.1 but not all of them). In the receiver, have you selected Small for the size and Yes for the subwoofer and selected a proper crossover setting? Make sure you have selected the Digital audio output and not Analog. Try selecting a Surround Mode like Dolby ProLogic or DTS Neo:6 or better yet, All Channel Stereo. Have you tried increasing the individual speaker volume levels? Thry these simple things first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks