Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone here shoot trap?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,153 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted December 05 2011 - 08:05 AM

I went out this weekend for the first time and had a lot of fun.  I'd like to keep going as the range is about 5 minutes from my house, but my Benelli M4 isn't well suited for trap so I would like to pick up a non home defense "multi purpose" 12 gauge.  Here are some choices: A used Benelli Nova w/ fiber optic for $275 A new Remington 870 Express on sale for $289 A used Remington 870 Wingmaster for $289 Step up to a Beretta 3901 semi-auto for $575 Any thoughts on either trap or any of the guns above?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted December 05 2011 - 08:42 AM

No experience with the Benelli's, but I have used an 870 Wingmaster for the past 20 years and it fits and functions flawlessly. The "express" version is the same basic gun, it just has a more utilitarian finish and stock.
Six worlds prayed to her, they built her temples, conquered planets, and yet one day she still rode off and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying he said "We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?" and she looked down upon him and she whispered, "Because I can".

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,153 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted December 11 2011 - 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Duane R 

No experience with the Benelli's, but I have used an 870 Wingmaster for the past 20 years and it fits and functions flawlessly. The "express" version is the same basic gun, it just has a more utilitarian finish and stock.

Thanks Duane.  Sports Authority had the 870 Express on sale for $289 which was a great price, but it just didn't seem to have the fit/finish and build quality of the older versions.  I ended up going with none of the above.  I found a nice used Benelli M1 Super 90 with a fiber site at a local pawn shop for $550 and they even through in a case.  It has a very similar receiver to my Benelli M4 so everything works the same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users