Does anyone here shoot trap?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Adam Gregorich, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    I went out this weekend for the first time and had a lot of fun. I'd like to keep going as the range is about 5 minutes from my house, but my Benelli M4 isn't well suited for trap so I would like to pick up a non home defense "multi purpose" 12 gauge. Here are some choices:

A used Benelli Nova w/ fiber optic for $275

A new Remington 870 Express on sale for $289

A used Remington 870 Wingmaster for $289

Step up to a Beretta 3901 semi-auto for $575

Any thoughts on either trap or any of the guns above?

2. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

No experience with the Benelli's, but I have used an 870 Wingmaster for the past 20 years and it fits and functions flawlessly. The "express" version is the same basic gun, it just has a more utilitarian finish and stock.

3. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

Thanks Duane. Sports Authority had the 870 Express on sale for $289 which was a great price, but it just didn't seem to have the fit/finish and build quality of the older versions. I ended up going with none of the above. I found a nice used Benelli M1 Super 90 with a fiber site at a local pawn shop for $550 and they even through in a case. It has a very similar receiver to my Benelli M4 so everything works the same