Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A Woven Picture Blanket?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,413 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 14 2011 - 06:54 AM

I've received this Goupon over for personalized photo blanket for $59. It measures 71" by 53". I supply up to 4 photos to be on the blanket. I expected this to be something screen printed on an already woven blanket, but according to this:

PhotoWeavers' blankets warm with in-woven images that are higher quality than their screen-printed counterparts.

the image is woven in. Is the technology available to do this so cheap? I'm really looking at this with some skepticism. I haven't included a link because I'm not sure if forum rules allow it.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,413 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 14 2011 - 07:06 AM

I went directly to the photo weavers web site and there is a short video which has short, but very good look at the blanket being woven. It is woven at high speed and the image is definitely being woven into the blanket, not screen printed. The speed is quite amazing.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend