What's new

CAPE FEAR 1962 Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
I received today my Blu Ray of the 1962 version of CAPE FEAR from Amazon.co.uk. In Germany it is being released as a 2 disc Blu Ray double feature with the Scorcese remake. Why was this not released in Blu Ray in the US but is available in Europe? Is Universal afraid that a black and white classic will not sell in the US? BTW...The transfer is spectacular!

I spot-checked mine tonight on my DLP projector/106" screen setup. I agree, it looks quite nice.

Brisby said:
I assume that it's region-free, correct?
Yes, region-free. I also picked up the comedy, "Johnny English", with Rowan Atkinson. It is region-free as well and a beautiful Blu-ray.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
Is the transfer on the Scorsese version essentially the same as the U.S. one? Same extras?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
kagemusha98 said:
I received today my Blu Ray of the 1962 version of CAPE FEAR from Amazon.co.uk. In Germany it is being released as a 2 disc Blu Ray double feature with the Scorcese remake. Why was this not released in Blu Ray in the US but is available in Europe? Is Universal afraid that a black and white classic will not sell in the US? BTW...The transfer is spectacular!
In a few days time Touch Of Evil will be released on Blu-ray in the U. K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks