Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Encore Westerns Old "Gene Autry Series" Double Holster Gun Belt?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   LoneRanger2

LoneRanger2

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 11 2011 - 05:32 AM

When I was a kid (I was born Jan., 1946), I grew up with Gene Autry, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, Cisco Kid, etc. Anyway the Encore Western Channel is airing the old Gene Autry series & Movies but, all of the ones I've seen so far show him with a double holster gun belt with only the right holster attached. But, I remember most of the movies & early TV shows he had a double gun rig with Two not One Revolver/Six-Shooter! What gives, does anyone know why this is? I don't think I'm crazy yet, but who knows? Sincerely, LoneRanger2:confused:

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted October 11 2011 - 07:21 AM

Although Gene Autry's gunbelt was designed as a two-gun rig as far back as the Phantom Empire, he always wore it with only the right hand holster. I have read that he didn't like the extra weight of the second gun and holster so he never wore the left holster in any of his films. I believe he wore the same holster in all his movies and TV shows from the Phantom Empire to his retirement.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   LoneRanger2

LoneRanger2

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 12 2011 - 12:33 PM

:) In response to Bob Gu's response about Gene Autry's Double Gun Rig! Bob, I could have sworn that I saw Gene Autry with a double gun rig with two six-shooters in some of his films. Oh well I guess age really has caught up with me?:eek: Sincerely, LoneRanger2