What's new

Encore Westerns Old "Gene Autry Series" Double Holster Gun Belt? (1 Viewer)

LoneRanger2

Auditioning
Real Name
James Reed
When I was a kid (I was born Jan., 1946), I grew up with Gene Autry, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, Cisco Kid, etc. Anyway the Encore Western Channel is airing the old Gene Autry series & Movies but, all of the ones I've seen so far show him with a double holster gun belt with only the right holster attached. But, I remember most of the movies & early TV shows he had a double gun rig with Two not One Revolver/Six-Shooter! What gives, does anyone know why this is? I don't think I'm crazy yet, but who knows? Sincerely, LoneRanger2:confused:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Although Gene Autry's gunbelt was designed as a two-gun rig as far back as the Phantom Empire, he always wore it with only the right hand holster. I have read that he didn't like the extra weight of the second gun and holster so he never wore the left holster in any of his films. I believe he wore the same holster in all his movies and TV shows from the Phantom Empire to his retirement.

LoneRanger2

Auditioning
Real Name
James Reed
:) In response to Bob Gu's response about Gene Autry's Double Gun Rig! Bob, I could have sworn that I saw Gene Autry with a double gun rig with two six-shooters in some of his films. Oh well I guess age really has caught up with me?:eek: Sincerely, LoneRanger2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks