Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
3D Blu-ray Reviews

The Lion King 3D: Diamond Edition Blu-ray Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 of 132 ScottJH

ScottJH

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted October 07 2011 - 03:07 AM

Would love to win!!

#122 of 132 MyMilkshake

MyMilkshake

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted October 07 2011 - 07:53 AM

I hope That I win this. I skipped seeing in the theater, since I really didn't want to see in 3-D. 2-D is fine enough for me. Although having the 3-D wouldn't hurt either. :D

#123 of 132 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,678 posts

Posted October 07 2011 - 09:33 AM

I haven't been able to pick this up.. my wife lost her job two weeks ago, so money is impossibly tight. So... yeah, I'd love to win it for her, since it's one of her favorites.

#124 of 132 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,600 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted October 08 2011 - 05:56 AM

Congratulations to Jason, David Deeb and Brisby (Robert)

I'll send a PM asking for your address.  If I don't get a response by 10/14 I will re-draw for your prize.

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

#125 of 132 Brisby

Brisby

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted October 08 2011 - 06:49 AM

Wow, I didn't expect to win. :D

#126 of 132 Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,457 posts

Posted October 08 2011 - 03:33 PM

Congrats, guys! And thanks to Adam for holding the contest!
"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#127 of 132 Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,441 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted October 09 2011 - 07:17 AM

Finally saw it and it is indeed a beautiful looking disc. However, I do miss the theatrical 5.1 mix, which was included on the previous DVD release. I could not find it on the Blu-ray; is it indeed missing? I find the home theater mix (which I think the Blu-ray 7.1 mix is derived from) too loud in the rear channels at times and the balance between dialogue, music and effects to be less refined than the orig 5.1 mix.

#128 of 132 Tom M

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted October 09 2011 - 07:59 AM

I find the home theater mix (which I think the Blu-ray 7.1 mix is derived from) too loud in the rear channels at times and the balance between dialogue, music and effects to be less refined than the orig 5.1 mix.

Agree. For some, Hollywood is becoming obsessed, when doing a re-mix, with putting dialogue in all THREE front speakers while song vocals bypass the center channel altogether. This results in a unbalanced and presentation especially, if like me, your HT does not have a center seat. It's really annoying to see characters dead center on the screen and their voices coming from the left or right. It's poor sound mixing period and needs to stop. Whatever happened to DISCRETE surround sound? Personally, I found the surround channels to be evenly balanced on my system. In fact the whole movie sounded identical to the current theatrical presentation, which is not a good thing. Why didn't Disney just use the 2003 Disney Home Theater mix which was done by the film's original sound mixer and had properly centered vocals for both dialogue and music. In fact, I pulled my DVD just to confirm this fact. Not to mention the DVD has MUCH greater surround presence, everything is balanced perfectly and precisley and surprisngly, the bass is TWICE as deep as the DTS-MA mix! So, I'm in the process of ripping the soundtrack from the DVD and will run it in sync with the blu-ray from now on. Alas, it's the only solution at this time.
My crummy Deviant Art page. Read my epic poem The Pirate's Tale written in tribute to the Ozy & Millie comic strip.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

#129 of 132 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,600 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 09 2011 - 01:57 PM

Rock on!  Thanks a bunch, Adam and HTF and Disney.  This was a great surprise to come home to after being gone all weekend sans computer.

Now I'm gonna have the soundtrack in my head!

#130 of 132 David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted October 10 2011 - 03:29 AM

Thanks Adam. PM sent to you. :)

#131 of 132 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,000 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted October 10 2011 - 04:51 AM

I don't know what "second screen ready" means.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#132 of 132 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,816 posts

Posted October 10 2011 - 06:05 AM

Aye, congrats, y'all!  And thanks for the contest, Adam (and HTF)!

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3D Blu-ray Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users