What's new

B&W CM8 VS Axiom M60 (2 Viewers)

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
I am remodeling a house I bought recently. With the remodeling I am building a Dedicated HT. I needed a set of front speaker for my theater and a set for my living room. I did a lot of research and I ended up purchasing 2 set of front speakers. For my living room I wanted something that looked really nice and of course sounded really good. I decided to go with a pair of white B&W CM8. When I got these speaker home I was in love with its look and performance. The CM8 costed $2200. For my HT I didn't want to spend as much but I wanted to find something that would sound just as good as the CM8. A lot of people on here has recommended that I look into Axiom. I call the people at Axiom up and they assure me that their M60 would sound just as good if not better than my CM8. I was a little nervous but I went ahead and ordered them anyway. They were only $1200 a pair. Well guys, my M60 just arrived today and let me tell you how truly impress I am with them. The guys at Axiom wasn't lying when they said that the M60 would match up with my CM8 or could out perform them. For my listening and for the price, the Axiom is a much better value speakers. These speakers are a beast. The bass and the clarity on them out perform the CM8. Although, I am still very happy with my CM8, I have to say if anyone wants a kickass speakers for a decent price, the Axiom is a must have.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
When I purchased my last speakers a few years ago I was pretty much set on the B&W 600's (can't remember the exact models but they were towers). I decided to give Axiom a try in my house with the thought I would return them and get B&W if I didn't like them. Well I haven't returned them yet. :D

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
Ok guys, I think I want to take take back some of the stuff I said yesterday. After a little longer auditioning of both speakers with some members of my family, I have to say that I was overly excited about the Axiom and I think I jump the gun and gave you guys some false informations. The Axiom M60 is no question a great speaker for the price. I will definitely keep it and surely enjoy it in my HT. However, after a closer listen with my family, it was clear that even though the Axiom played a little louder than the CM8, the CM8 is clearly the more superior speaker. The CM8 is so true to what the sound of each instruments that was being played. The CM8 produced a much more realistic and tighter sound. Even though there is no question to me now that the CM8 are better of a speaker than the M60, keep in mine the CM8 is almost double in price too. If I had to put both speaker on a scale of 1 to 10, the CM8 would be a 10 and the M60 would be Solid 8. To put it all together, for the money I think the M60 is a great value, but if you want to have an awesome looking and sounding speaker and are not afraid to fork out the cash then the CM8 is the way to go.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm a big Axiom fan (just the lowly M22s and M3), but your combined response is pretty much what I'd expect, and even what the concensus is on the Axiom User site - they are great speakers, but certainly not the best. But they are an excellent value for the money. If you can afford more and have the ear, move on up. But for a lot of people with "only" a good ear and modest means - Axiom is the way to go. Plus I like the old-school, simplistic styling.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I can't disagree. My comparison was against the 600 series at the time. I would even say they compared sonically to the 700 series. I did look at CM7's (the newest at that time) and I also liked them. But they were not what I was going for at the time. I believe is you dig you can find a post by me that says I actually liked the B&W a little better. Just not $1000 better (the amount I saved by going with Axiom).

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
I totally agree with you, David. As far as value goes, I have to agree that Axiom is the better bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks