Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Modern Family - season 3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,324 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted August 12 2011 - 05:51 AM

Meet the new Lily on Modern Family: Posted Image Normally I hate recasting mid-series on TV shows, but this time I think it was the right decision. The two twins that played Lily during the first two seasons usually looked absolutely miserable when on-screen.

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,004 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 12 2011 - 06:06 AM

[quote]Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt [url=/forum/thread/313878/modern-family-season-3#post_3840468]

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,277 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted August 12 2011 - 06:08 AM

I think it makes sense, actually.. it's hard to stick with a character as baby/toddler to slightly more grown up.  I also think it's better for that kid's future sanity that they do it.
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,313 posts

Posted September 04 2011 - 01:38 PM

Never watched the Olsen twins from their show, just a few clips here and there. They looked like complete idiots. Must be good investing and planning from their managers and parents that they turned out how then did because neither has any talent. Glad they're aging Lily a little more naturally rather than a Desperate Housewives fast forward.
Stan

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,324 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 08 2011 - 01:41 PM

Season 3 Cast Photo: Posted Image Season 3 Cast Portraits: Posted Image

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,175 posts

Posted September 21 2011 - 08:10 AM

Modern Family returns for season 3 tonight in an hour-long episode (or 2 back-to-back episodes).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,324 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 21 2011 - 02:06 PM

The first half hour was fine, but the second half hour was a series classic IMO. Probably better than any episode in the entire second season but "Caught in the Act". I do think they missed an opportunity by not reshooting the title sequence for each season. It would be neat seeing these three families grow up like that.

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,777 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 21 2011 - 02:58 PM

Going to enjoy Lily now more involved in the stories. Found both episodes really funny tonight.

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,004 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 21 2011 - 03:17 PM

Both were good.  I liked 1 better than 2 (just thought it was funnier)...but I love the way the writers can weave the three parallel storylines together like they did tonight in episode 2.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,324 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 21 2011 - 05:01 PM

Going to enjoy Lily now more involved in the stories. Found both episodes really funny tonight.

Agreed 100 percent. The new Lily embodies what we were told about the old Lily. I like that she's not a perfect little bundle of adorableness. Every character, even the toddler, has his or her defining flaws.

Both were good.  I liked 1 better than 2 (just thought it was funnier)...but I love the way the writers can weave the three parallel storylines together like they did tonight in episode 2.

I think I gave episode 2 more credit because it was dealing with very mundane subject matter that I found insanely relatable. My mother was so much like Claire when I was growing up, some lines are honest to God verbatim quotes from my childhood. By contrast, it's easy to make an awe inspiring location like Jackson Hole, Wyoming into a special episode. (I do like that they pick up the whole production and actually go to where they say they are for the vacation episodes. There's a huge difference between Wyoming and rural-California-sitting-in-for-Wyoming.)

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,175 posts

Posted December 08 2011 - 03:06 AM

Tazed Phil was philarious.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,324 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted December 08 2011 - 03:46 AM

As was Gloria's policy for when she hits something while driving: "Never luuuke back!" I've really enjoyed the way they've played up the divide between the Pritchett personality and the Dunphy personality. Haley and Luke are definitely type-B Dunphy personalities, while Alex is definitely a type-A Pritchett personality. Accordingly, Alex and Uncle Mitchell get along famously.

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,777 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 08 2011 - 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun 

Tazed Phil was philarious.

In that moment, I particularly loved how the condition of the baseball card kept deteriorating as Phil squeezed it and reported on its condition. Had me rolling.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 350 posts

Posted February 23 2012 - 07:14 AM

Manny's drive-by had me laughing pretty good! Oh, and Gloria with a gun?  Yowza!

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,777 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 23 2012 - 08:46 AM

Yep, the "bad boys" were very funny. As usual for me, Ty Burrell stole the show with his (funny) devastated demeanor finding out about his oldest daughter.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,324 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 23 2012 - 09:11 AM

Manny's drive-by had me laughing pretty good!

The drive-by was funny. The drive-by in reverse was hilarious.

As usual for me, Ty Burrell stole the show with his (funny) devastated demeanor finding out about his oldest daughter.

I've always really liked the Phil-Haley relationship. There's a really sweetness and mutual appreciation there; loved the dueling interview cut-aways, with Phil thinking he'd blown it and Haley thinking he was really cool. Loved the credit tag, though, when Phil finds out Claire's known for months and -- instead of being annoyed that she kept such a huge secret from him -- he's just really grateful for those extra months of obliviousness.

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   filthybass

filthybass

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted February 23 2012 - 12:50 PM

I absolutely love Modern Family. Who doesn't? I didn't even have any interest in starting this show initially and probably never would have if it weren't for my Communication class that put me into this group. I was pretty sour at first because I wanted Desperate Housewives!! But I have grown to love this show. I don't know who I like more.. Phil or Cam. :-) Phil reminds me of a less obnoxious Steve Carrell from the Office...

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor

• 592 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 24 2012 - 05:43 PM

I like how Claire picked three months as a believable amount of time.
40% Ben Katz + 30% Bobby Hill (Texas) + 20% Monica Geller + 10% William Dent. (Wardrobe by George Costanza)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users