What's new

Report: 3.5 Million 3D Blu-ray Bought in First Year (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the link, Ron. I hope the studios who are sitting on some classic 3D titles many of us hunger to have will take note of the article and act accordingly.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
The fact that 3D at home seems to be gaining some traction intrigues me for the future, although some of it may be "false" traction of people buying a new player that happens to have 3D like Sony originally counting every PS3 as a blu-ray player in the home. On the one hand we have the general public starting to really push back against 3D at the theater, but at home 3D is "free" once the initial equipment is bought. We could be heading for an odd situation where people don't want 3D at the theater (at least with a surcharge) but want every movie in 3D for home.

Ensign Eddie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I wonder how many of those 3.5 million sold were in multidisk packages (such as "Tron Legacy") that people like me have bought "just in case" they get a 3D TV in the future. I have a number of 3D disks (mostly Disney), but currently no plans to buy the extra equipment to watch them.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
news about the blu ray for thor and it does include the 3d version. for anyone that is interested. meaning more titles in 3d released. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79680

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks