Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Bad Seed Blu-ray in October

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   gunthertoody

gunthertoody

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted June 15 2011 - 12:46 AM

Via ClassicFlix's Twitter page.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,322 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted June 15 2011 - 01:26 AM

I can't pull up that page link must be a work thing. If it is coming to Blu soon from WB's It would be cool if WB would also issue Mildred Pierce (Classic) on blu. (In Time for the HBO Mini Series release)

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted June 15 2011 - 03:40 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Odd cover art, though

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,429 posts

Posted June 15 2011 - 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by JoHud 

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Odd cover art, though

Why?  It looks just like a Tim Burton film (like the one where the little girl falls down a rabbit hole)

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,852 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted June 15 2011 - 01:12 PM

Just in time for Halloween.  This is one heck of a film.  I remember the first time I saw this on a local channel in Jackson, MS.  I was real young at the time and this scared the hell out of me.  I was scared my big sister would do this and for a few years, I would never walk out on a pier with her alone.  Hope they had a few extras to it and bring Patty McCormack in to give a good overview.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 927 posts

Posted June 16 2011 - 05:38 AM

I hope this is just the initial title of a wave of horror movies from WB for Sept./Oct. I'd dig having CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN in HD... (I'll wait for HORROR OF DRACULA to be properly restored).

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,322 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted June 16 2011 - 05:42 AM

I was thinking the same thing... shouldn't more Horror/thrillers be announced from WB's for the same release date or near? Maybe just my wishful thinking.

Originally Posted by bgart13 

I hope this is just the initial title of a wave of horror movies from WB for Sept./Oct. I'd dig having CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN in HD... (I'll wait for HORROR OF DRACULA to be properly restored).

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,314 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted June 16 2011 - 05:47 AM

That cover kind of makes it look like Saw VIII or whichever one they're on now. Still, it's far from the worst I've seen and it kind of fits.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   kinah00

kinah00

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 16 2011 - 08:16 PM

it's far from the worst I've seen and it kind runescape moneyof fits.Judge Shen Guomin, of the Jing'an court, ruled that the defendant, Shanghai-listed Chlor-Alkali Chemical Company should pay out 340,000 yuan ($52,534) to construction workers, after finding the pharmaceutical company guilty runescape goldof failing to meet the payment deadline for the plaintiff, two construction companies that had been contracted to complete work for Chlor-Alkali. Judge Shen said that he took the riskrunescape items because he thought that finding the remaining money owed to the construction companies through other property assets owned by the company would take time. He sold the company stock on May 6, once runescape accountsits value climbed to the amount owed to the plaintiff.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,076 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 17 2011 - 08:52 PM

Amazon has The Bad Seed listed for it's October 11th release date.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   John Skoda

John Skoda

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted October 05 2011 - 03:37 PM

I've seen this on the shelves today at two of our local Best Buys for $14.99.

#12 of 13 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,888 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted October 06 2011 - 08:32 AM

The Beaver's review of this is now up. Apart from finally being in a widescreen ratio, it's not a huge technical upgrade from the previous DVD.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,076 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 06 2011 - 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by classicmovieguy 

The Beaver's review of this is now up. Apart from finally being in a widescreen ratio, it's not a huge technical upgrade from the previous DVD.

No offense to Gary and his fine site, but I rather judge for myself with my own HT setup.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing