What's new

The Hangover Part II might be altered for DVD/Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I found this article via Roger Ebert's Twitter feed:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/8567217/The-Hangover-Part-II-Lawyers-order-Mike-Tysons-face-tattoo-to-be-digitally-removed-from-DVD.html

The tattoo artists who gave Mike Tyson his famous tattoo has argued that he owns the copyright to that design, and this this copyright was violated by The Hangover Part II, in which the same design appears on actor Ed Helms' face. The movie is scheduled for release on DVD & Blu-ray in December, and if the matter is not resolved by then, Warner plans to digitally alter the tattoo.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
TravisR said:
I can imagine that changing the tattoo in that many shots will be very expensive so I'm sure Warners will just pay the guy for using his artwork rather than spend the money changing it.
Doesn't simply come down to what will cost more? What if th guy wants a percentage ofsales? I can't remember what happened with The Devils Advocate, did he want it removed or did he just tell Warners to remove the image

mike caronia

Second Unit
Is tattoo art really something you can't copy?

This seems a little ridiculous, but what do I know..I'm not a tat guy..

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I'd guess that it's an issue because it's undeniably based on Mike Tyson's tattoo (since the design is the same and it's on his face). That being said, I'm not a lawyer so I could be totally wrong. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks