Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Coming Soon From Olive Films

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2399 replies to this topic

#2161 of 2400 OFFLINE   MisterLime

MisterLime

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yes.  As Young at Heart is an eagerly awaited title for myself, I would be greatly interested in any update from Mr. Lime (who seems so intimately familiar with the goings-on at Olive). 

Yes, the dates for THE BAMBOO SAUCER, BANG BANG YOU'RE DEAD, CRY DANGER and YOUNG AT HEART were changed. They're all being released in January of 2014.

WITCHBOARD 2 will still be released in October.

#2162 of 2400 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,592 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:03 PM

Yes, the dates for THE BAMBOO SAUCER, BANG BANG YOU'RE DEAD, CRY DANGER and YOUNG AT HEART were changed. They're all being released in January of 2014.

Bummer.  But thanks for the heads up. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2163 of 2400 OFFLINE   Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 06:16 PM

That's a pity - I preordered all 3

#2164 of 2400 OFFLINE   borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 882 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 07:38 AM

So does this mean Amityville and Witchboard 2 are it for Oct and nothing new for Nov and Dec ? Or are there announcements for new titles in Nov and Dec coming ?

#2165 of 2400 OFFLINE   Richard M S

Richard M S

Supporting Actor

• 642 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 08:04 AM

It has been years since I watched it but didn't YOUNG AT HEART have a Christmas setting? I am glad it is being release but too bad about it being delayed until January.

#2166 of 2400 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,592 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 12 2013 - 08:26 AM

It has been years since I watched it but didn't YOUNG AT HEART have a Christmas setting? I am glad it is being release but too bad about it being delayed until January.

I don't believe it did as an integral part of the film plot. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2167 of 2400 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,292 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted September 12 2013 - 09:31 AM

Speaking of William Powell (post 2151 above), unless I'm mistaken "The Senator Was Indiscreet" was a Republic release.

Will this be coming via Olive?

That's a good question, because it is one my most-wanted Republic titles. I have a pre-recorded Beta tape of it, but as I recall it is missing some footage. Maybe somebody has the VHS tape and can tell us if it is complete.

Rich Gallagher

#2168 of 2400 OFFLINE   MisterLime

MisterLime

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 11:13 AM

Coming in November From Olive Films - [color=#b22222;]Just in time for the Holidays![/color]

BONUS MATERIAL
[color=#000080;]THE LOOK OF LOVE[/color]:
An Essay by Film Critic R. Emmet Sweeney

Attached Thumbnails

• Bells.jpg

Edited by MisterLime, September 13 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#2169 of 2400 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,548 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:57 PM

Not surprising that they moved up The Bells of St. Mary's considering its reputation as a Christmas-time movie

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#2170 of 2400 OFFLINE   Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,544 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted September 13 2013 - 03:32 PM

Not sure if it's still in print but the Artisan DVD of "Young At Heart" looks pretty good.

yaheart.jpg

Of course a Blu-Ray version would be better.

Edited by Doug Bull, September 13 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#2171 of 2400 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 08:37 PM

Coming in November From Olive Films - [color=rgb(178,34,34);]Just in time for the Holidays![/color]

BONUS MATERIAL
[color=rgb(0,0,128);]THE LOOK OF LOVE[/color]:
An Essay by Film Critic R. Emmet Sweeney

Time to Dial "O".

#2172 of 2400 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 08:37 PM

Mr. Lime, now that Olive has released a number of additional Noir titles, any chance for a Film Noir vol. 2 box?

#2173 of 2400 OFFLINE   MisterLime

MisterLime

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 01:43 PM

Mr. Lime, now that Olive has released a number of additional Noir titles, any chance for a Film Noir vol. 2 box?

No set dates for a second FN boxed set - The following Noir titles will be released for the first time on DVD and BLU --- Ida Lupino and Robert Ryan in BEWARE, MY LOVELY - directed by Harry Horner --- James Mason and Barbara Bel Geddes in CAUGHT - directed by Max Ophuls --- Mala Powers & Tod Andrews in OUTRAGE - directed by Ida Lupino --- Frank Lovejoy and Kathleen Ryan in TRY AND GET ME - directed by Cy Endfield --- Susan Hayward and Robert Cummings in THE LOST MOMENT - directed by Martin Gabel --- Claudette Colbert and Don Ameche in SLEEP, MY LOVE - directed by Douglas Sirk --- Dick Powell and Rhonda Fleming in CRY DANGER - directed by Robert Parrish --- and the BLU release of NO MAN OF HER OWN, starring Barbara Stanwyck and John Lund - directed by Mitchell Leisen -  MORE TITLES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

Edited by MisterLime, September 16 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#2174 of 2400 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Supporting Actor

• 583 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 02:36 PM

I just hope that's the January slate right there ! :)  I am so eager to finally get Beware My Lovely and Sleep My Love !

#2175 of 2400 OFFLINE   MisterLime

MisterLime

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 02:11 PM

I just hope that's the January slate right there ! :)  I am so eager to finally get Beware My Lovely and Sleep My Love !

Sleep, My Love sooner, Beware, My Lovely later.

#2176 of 2400 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:41 AM

No set dates for a second FN boxed set - The following Noir titles will be released for the first time on DVD and BLU --- Ida Lupino and Robert Ryan in BEWARE, MY LOVELY - directed by Harry Horner --- James Mason and Barbara Bel Geddes in CAUGHT - directed by Max Ophuls --- Mala Powers & Tod Andrews in OUTRAGE - directed by Ida Lupino --- Frank Lovejoy and Kathleen Ryan in TRY AND GET ME - directed by Cy Endfield --- Susan Hayward and Robert Cummings in THE LOST MOMENT - directed by Martin Gabel --- Claudette Colbert and Don Ameche in SLEEP, MY LOVE - directed by Douglas Sirk --- Dick Powell and Rhonda Fleming in CRY DANGER - directed by Robert Parrish --- and the BLU release of NO MAN OF HER OWN, starring Barbara Stanwyck and John Lund - directed by Mitchell Leisen -  MORE TITLES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

Thanks.  If Olive does do a box, please include Captain Carey USA.

#2177 of 2400 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted September 18 2013 - 01:31 PM

The Sands Of Iwo Jima was shown on Channel 4 HD this week, it didn't look that great, i wondered if it was SD upscaled, that sometimes happens with Channel 4 screenings but it was listed in the guide as being HD, certainly some other classics from around the same time period have looked much better, i sure hope the Olive release is of higher quality.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2178 of 2400 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Supporting Actor

• 583 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 11:56 AM

has Plunder Road and/ or the Big Combo been delayed..there are rumors abound again

#2179 of 2400 OFFLINE   davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted September 23 2013 - 01:27 PM

According to Amazon, Plunder Road is delayed. I preordered The Big Combo.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#2180 of 2400 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Supporting Actor

• 583 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 01:46 PM

Im going to order The Big Combo if its in stock at Amazon. I did order it from Import CDs but this title has me anxious ! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users