• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 of 128 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 11:10 AM

Another "speculative" question, of all the tv shows that have gotten "stalled" or forgotten about it, what do you think is the most wanted or desired tv show?

I know that if the program had been that popular in the first place, it would have sold so well, sales would have continued. But still what ONE show do you think fans want to see continued on the most?

James

Keep your guesses to one, please.

#2 of 128 younger1968

younger1968

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 11:57 AM

This is tough choice due to the fact other people will have different opinions. I would say the following are top of my list

1. Night Gallery

2. WKRP

3. SWAT

4. Early Edition

5. Charlie's Angels

6. Melrose Place

7. Fall Guy

8. Family Ties

9. Knots Landing

10. Cannon

#3 of 128 Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 12:15 PM

Judging from what I've heard I would say Green Acres.

As for me personally I would say Barnaby Jones.

#4 of 128 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted February 05 2011 - 12:36 PM

Green Acres or The Bob Newhart Show.

#5 of 128 maskedmala

maskedmala

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 02:41 PM

I say GREEN ACRES and I'm wondering if we'll ever see that TV series completed

#6 of 128 goteam007

goteam007

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 04:37 PM

The Adventures of Pete & Pete. It needs one more season. It was supposed to come out in '06, but was cancelled at the last minute.

Also King of the Hill.

#7 of 128 Regulus

Regulus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 10:33 PM

Highway To Heaven

Touched By An Angel

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,094 ( 703 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,363  :biggrin:  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#8 of 128 David Lambert

David Lambert

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,377 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Regulus 

Highway To Heaven

Touched By An Angel

Just FYI: The folks at A&E are re-releasing S1, S2 and S3 of Highway to Heaven (in thinner packaging than was used with the original 2004-2006 releases, but otherwise 100% the same content).  I asked if this means the unreleased seasons would come out.  The answer was "No"; there are no plans to make the rest on DVD. Posted Image

No, they didn't give me a reason.

As for the original question James posed, I would agree that Green Acres is asked about VERY often.  WKRP gets asked about quite a bit.  Murphy Brown.  Jem and the Holograms.  Knots Landing.  CHiPs.  Peyton Place.  Diff'rent Strokes.

Two names that I can't bring myself to include on this list: you might be surprised about how few people seem ask about King of the Hill and Superboy.  In my experience, the same small-ish group of people ask for those again and again, and ask for them rather insistently.  But it's not widespread, as far as I can tell.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#9 of 128 beatlejam

beatlejam

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 03:46 AM

Hart to Hart

NYPD Blue

#10 of 128 cherisland

cherisland

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 05:04 AM

HART TO HART

#11 of 128 Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 06:35 AM

My most wanted is:

Hill St. Blues

Doug

a:5:{s:9:"signature

#12 of 128 Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 07:18 AM

My list is short: "Hill Street Blues" and "St. Elsewhere."

#13 of 128 Gary OS

Gary OS

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 08:23 AM

What?  No RAWHIDE on the list?  But I mention that one every single time there's a thread about stalled shows?  How can it not be at the top of the list?  Posted Image

Gary "others might not care about it, but in all seriousness it really is at the top of my stalled list" O.

P.S.  My crystal ball is reminding me to keep my fingers crossed because this one might be moved off the "stalled" list by this summer. 

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN ON TREASURE ISLAND

#14 of 128 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 06 2011 - 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Gary OS 
What?  No RAWHIDE on the list?  But I mention that one every single time there's a thread about stalled shows?  How can it not be at the top of the list?  Posted Image

Gary "others might not care about it, but in all seriousness it really is at the top of my stalled list" O.

P.S.  My crystal ball is reminding me to keep my fingers crossed because this one might be moved off the "stalled" list by this summer. 

I sure hope your crystal ball's working ;).  A summer roundup sounds great.

If I had to choose only one stalled series, it would be either this one or Big Valley.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#15 of 128 whisperintherain

whisperintherain

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 10:31 AM

Glad to read two of my personal most wanted, Knots Landing and Peyton Place, are among those most asked about. Mentioning the other titles in my signature would be redundant but here are a couple more shows I would like to see further releases of: The Practice, Life Goes On, Who's the Boss?, Diff'rent Strokes.

Bring these sets on!

Knots Landing: Seasons 3-14 - The Nanny: Seasons 4-6 - Peyton Place : Episodes 65-514 - Picket Fences : Seasons 2-4

#16 of 128 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 10:39 AM

Thanks for the input, David.  It's always nice to hear from you. I have to admit I'd like to see Superboy continue on.

James

#17 of 128 Gary OS

Gary OS

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis 

Originally Posted by Gary OS 

I sure hope your crystal ball's working ;).  A summer roundup sounds great.

If I had to choose only one stalled series, it would be either this one or Big Valley.

If I didn't have The Big Valley via Encore Westerns from a few years ago the choice would definitely be tougher for me as well, Jeff.  But since I do Rawhide tops the list for me.  Having said that, there are some other mentioned here that I'd like to see get started up again.  Barnaby Jones and one more season of Chips would merit my attention.  Having said that, I'd add Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Quincy, Mr. Peepers, The Untouchables, etc. to the very, very, very long list of stalled series.

Gary "if things are OK we should get an announcement for Perry Mason pretty soon - surely that one hasn't fallen off the annual schedule for CBS...?" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN ON TREASURE ISLAND

#18 of 128 younger1968

younger1968

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 01:19 PM

It is frightening that we are at February 6, 2011 and it does appear that releases in 2011 are really going to drop off from even last year. The news announcement have been few and far between. I just hope that Hawaii Five-O is completed this year and that would make my year. I like to see Adam-12 completed along with Charlie's Angels/SWAT.

I have been turing my focus on to completed series, like Mission Impossible, Brady Bunch, etc. I will look at these shows when my budget dollars become available. I will also look at WB on demand for cartoons when they become available on my supplier site.

#19 of 128 Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 02:24 PM

The Muppet Show is another disconcerting case. What the hell, Disney? What the hell?

And unlike the others, Season 4 of TMS was announced for a 2010 release. Even no news is better than this cruel tease.

#20 of 128 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 02:55 PM

There's one show that's been a one and done for over 4 years now that I'm hearing is about to come off the stalled list. Unfortunately, my sources have sworn me to secrecy so I can't say. But now that a certain company has finally agreed to license its shows out and another company has been shouting above the rest, you will be getting cleaned up after soon. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users