What's new

Most requested "stalled" show? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Another "speculative" question, of all the tv shows that have gotten "stalled" or forgotten about it, what do you think is the most wanted or desired tv show?

I know that if the program had been that popular in the first place, it would have sold so well, sales would have continued. But still what ONE show do you think fans want to see continued on the most?

James

Keep your guesses to one, please.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
This is tough choice due to the fact other people will have different opinions. I would say the following are top of my list

1. Night Gallery

2. WKRP

3. SWAT

4. Early Edition

5. Charlie's Angels

6. Melrose Place

7. Fall Guy

8. Family Ties

9. Knots Landing

10. Cannon

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Judging from what I've heard I would say Green Acres.

As for me personally I would say Barnaby Jones.

goteam007

Grip
Real Name
Bob
The Adventures of Pete & Pete. It needs one more season. It was supposed to come out in '06, but was cancelled at the last minute.

Also King of the Hill.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Regulus

No, they didn't give me a reason.

As for the original question James posed, I would agree that Green Acres is asked about VERY often. WKRP gets asked about quite a bit. Murphy Brown. Jem and the Holograms. Knots Landing. CHiPs. Peyton Place. Diff'rent Strokes.

Two names that I can't bring myself to include on this list: you might be surprised about how few people seem ask about King of the Hill and Superboy. In my experience, the same small-ish group of people ask for those again and again, and ask for them rather insistently. But it's not widespread, as far as I can tell.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
What? No RAWHIDE on the list? But I mention that one every single time there's a thread about stalled shows? How can it not be at the top of the list?

Gary "others might not care about it, but in all seriousness it really is at the top of my stalled list" O.

P.S. My crystal ball is reminding me to keep my fingers crossed because this one might be moved off the "stalled" list by this summer.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Gary "others might not care about it, but in all seriousness it really is at the top of my stalled list" O.

P.S. My crystal ball is reminding me to keep my fingers crossed because this one might be moved off the "stalled" list by this summer.

I sure hope your crystal ball's working ;). A summer roundup sounds great.

If I had to choose only one stalled series, it would be either this one or Big Valley.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
Glad to read two of my personal most wanted, Knots Landing and Peyton Place, are among those most asked about. Mentioning the other titles in my signature would be redundant but here are a couple more shows I would like to see further releases of: The Practice, Life Goes On, Who's the Boss?, Diff'rent Strokes.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the input, David. It's always nice to hear from you. I have to admit I'd like to see Superboy continue on.

James

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

I sure hope your crystal ball's working ;). A summer roundup sounds great.

If I had to choose only one stalled series, it would be either this one or Big Valley.

[/QUOTE]

If I didn't have The Big Valley via Encore Westerns from a few years ago the choice would definitely be tougher for me as well, Jeff. But since I do Rawhide tops the list for me. Having said that, there are some other mentioned here that I'd like to see get started up again. Barnaby Jones and one more season of Chips would merit my attention. Having said that, I'd add Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Quincy, Mr. Peepers, The Untouchables, etc. to the very, very, very long list of stalled series.

Gary "if things are OK we should get an announcement for Perry Mason pretty soon - surely that one hasn't fallen off the annual schedule for CBS...?" O.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It is frightening that we are at February 6, 2011 and it does appear that releases in 2011 are really going to drop off from even last year. The news announcement have been few and far between. I just hope that Hawaii Five-O is completed this year and that would make my year. I like to see Adam-12 completed along with Charlie's Angels/SWAT.

I have been turing my focus on to completed series, like Mission Impossible, Brady Bunch, etc. I will look at these shows when my budget dollars become available. I will also look at WB on demand for cartoons when they become available on my supplier site.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
The Muppet Show is another disconcerting case. What the hell, Disney? What the hell?

And unlike the others, Season 4 of TMS was announced for a 2010 release. Even no news is better than this cruel tease.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
There's one show that's been a one and done for over 4 years now that I'm hearing is about to come off the stalled list. Unfortunately, my sources have sworn me to secrecy so I can't say. But now that a certain company has finally agreed to license its shows out and another company has been shouting above the rest, you will be getting cleaned up after soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks