What's new

Most requested "stalled" show? (1 Viewer)

joe o jr

Auditioning
Real Name
joe oleskey jr
Been reading you guys for a long time,thought it was time to join in. Mod Squad is my stalled release. Anyone know anything about this one?

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The stalled shows I'd like to see released fully: The Bob Newhart Show, Barney Miller, Da Vinci's Inquest, Night Gallery, Amazing Stories, One Step Beyond and The Muppet Show (mostly for Debbie Harry).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Based on what I read I'd have to go with "Green Acres" as the most requested "stalled" show.

Personally, I'd like to see "The Bob Newhart Show" get completed (and by inference "Newhart" as it's truly connected being the "Dallas" dream season of "The Bob Newhart Show").

LCD22

Screenwriter
Early Edition (complete the final two seasons with the original broadcast music and the Rod Serling ending to "Hot Time in the Old Town")

The Fall Guy (with the original broadcast music)

Quincy, M.E.

Oliver's Twist

Touched by an Angel (complete the final crossover with Promised Land)

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Off my list of wanted shows:

CHiPs

The Fall Guy

Matt Houston

Sliders (come on Universal, only one season left)

The Big Valley (hopefuuly Shout Factory would pick it up and release the rest of the complete seasons)

Of some of the ones listed I'd be open to buying if finished:
SWAT
Hart To Hart

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Duane, the complete second season of Big Valley will be released this coming week in Germany, by Kinowelt. Kinowelt released the complete first season last February, and have also released the first two seasons of High Chaparral. It will cost you roughly $60 with shipping from German Amazon, so whether you pick it up depends on how big a fan of Big Valley you are. Of course, Fox may try to license it out domestically, but they might ask too much for it to be viable until the series is completed (witness Peyton Place/Shout!, and, perhaps, Burke's Law/VCI).

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I don't have a region free DVD player so a German release won't do me any good. Hopefully Fox will license it out and season 2 wil get released the way it should have been: complete.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Duane Alford

I don't have a region free DVD player so a German release won't do me any good. Hopefully Fox will license it out and season 2 wil get released the way it should have been: complete.

Have you ever searched the internet to see if your specific brand and model of DVD player is able to be turned into a region free player?

Many can be by just punching in a simple code.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man

Have you ever searched the internet to see if your specific brand and model of DVD player is able to be turned into a region free player?

Many can be by just punching in a simple code.

[/QUOTE]

My dvd player was region 1 until I went online and found the code to make it region free. It is very simple to do once you find the correct code.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by ChrisCook

Early Edition (complete the final two seasons with the original broadcast music and the Rod Serling ending to "Hot Time in the Old Town")

The Fall Guy (with the original broadcast music)

Quincy, M.E.

I'm hoping Early Edition: Season Three will be back on CBS Home Entertainment (US)'s 2011 schedule.

What's baffling is what's happened to Quincy, M.E. After the Seasons 1 & 2 boxset was released the series stalled. Then back in I think August 2009 the third season was released (the print quality isn't too bad), and then...it stalled (again). Universal aren't even halfway through with the series yet, and there are some cracking episodes to come. I think the fourth season includes an episode with former Mission: Impossible actor Greg Morris guest-starring.

But the one stalled series which would bring me great happiness if season sets resumed on DVD, is Knots Landing.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
1. Green Acres

2. Petticoat Junction....time for the color episodes to come on out...

3. The Beverly Hillbillies

4. Night Gallery

5. Alfred Hitchcock Presents...

6. The Bob Newhart Show

LCD22

Screenwriter
Should be interesting to see if it's on their schedule this year, if not, and their deal with Shout didn't stop with Webster -- I figured if CBS ever open their vaults, this would be the most likely first to be licensed given its huge following and their slow down of classic output last year -- I hope they partner with them. And if a Markie Post, music-intact second season of The Fall Guy is in the works... that would make me even happier.

It's been baffling me also regarding Quincy. I have Disc 3 to watch this week - it just worked out that way; hopefully by Disc 4, we'll hear something. [/url]

I'm hoping Early Edition: Season Three will be back on CBS Home Entertainment (US)'s 2011 schedule.

What's baffling is what's happened to Quincy, M.E. After the Seasons 1 & 2 boxset was released the series stalled. Then back in I think August 2009 the third season was released (the print quality isn't too bad), and then...it stalled (again). Universal aren't even halfway through with the series yet, and there are some cracking episodes to come. I think the fourth season includes an episode with former Mission: Impossible actor Greg Morris guest-starring.

But the one stalled series which would bring me great happiness if season sets resumed on DVD, is Knots Landing.

[/quote]

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by ChrisCook

Usually when Universal briefly unstalls a title themselves (as opposed to licensing it out) there's often a gimmick reason behind it. When "Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew" got it's second season out, the reason was to tie-in with the "Nancy Drew" movie at the time (hence the reason why Pamela Sue Martin's face was more prominent on the box even though "Nancy Drew" was the diminished version of the two that year). With "Quincy" I think it's worth remembering that S3 came out not long after "The Odd Couple" finished it's run on DVD from CBS/Paramount and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if the "gimmick" reason for unstalling "Quincy" at the time was to see if "Odd Couple" fans would now spill over and buy a renewed "Quincy". Just speculation on my part, but to me it seems as good an explanation as any for that show's history on DVD.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Quote:Originally Posted by Gary OS

Quote:

HAZEL is definitely the show he's hinting at and it's the one that Shout has made some slight allusions to (which Joe mentioned) on their own board. This is not a shocker, by any stretch.

Gary "it's something I'll certainly pick up" O.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to see the second season of "Hazel"!!!!!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I just hope the studios monitor forums like this to gauge fan reaction. I would love to complete the following shows this year, especially considering there is only 1 or 2 season missing.

1. SWAT (S2 - stale since 2003)

2. Charlie's Angels (S5 - stale since 2009

3. White Shadow (S3)

4. Night Gallery (S3)

5. Baa Baa Black Sheep (V3)

I have 58 completed shows and i currently look for bargains now. However, i keep watching to see what is going to be released.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg2356

I'd love to see the second season of "Hazel"!!!!!!

I think you'll get your wish soon, Greg.

Since several others have mentioned it, I'd cast a vote for seeing Quincy get kick-started again.

Gary "I feel pretty confident we'll get a Hazel announcement soon" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks