Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What level of studio revisionism are you in favor of for blu-ray?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,078 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted January 13 2011 - 01:40 PM

I've created a poll to see how much studio tampering forum members are comfortable with. You can check as many answers as you like.

#2 of 4 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,990 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted January 13 2011 - 01:58 PM

I don't think major revisions by a studio should happen.  However, a studio should work to restore original color, quality and remove damage done to the content by all means.   The first time I saw "Vertigo" as remastered, I was amazed at how good it looked in comparison to versions prior to DVD.    I think the idea is: how did people originally see it or how was it intended... because that isn't really a revision as more of a correction to the way it was originally intended.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 4 Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,078 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted January 13 2011 - 02:07 PM

I don't consider fixing print damage or wear as revisionism. However, removing natural artifacts that were part of the original presentation, such as film-grain, is. I'm not making a judgment about these revisions, just asking how far should the studio go?

#4 of 4 RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,418 posts

Posted January 15 2011 - 12:13 PM

The goal should be to reproduce the look of the original film as closely as possible, including grain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users