What's new

Californication Season 4 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Premieres tonight... when last we left, the the bomb was dropped and it was revealed that "Fucking and Punching" was in fact, a Hank Moody work, and he had slept with the young girl, not realizing she was 16 at the time....

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
... and now he's been arrested for statutory rape. Luckily, the law in California says that because Mia is 16, it can still be treated as a Misdemeanor, not a felony (1). It should also help when the whole story is told, as it's not like he tried to take advantage of an underaged girl. It'll be interesting to see where the story goes with the case. It's messed up, no doubt.

(1)

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-r-0376.htm

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ah, those young starlets. Laughed quite a few times; this is one of those incredibly zany sex driven comedies I shouldn't love the way I do :) But I do laugh, none the less.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I loved the scene of Hank getting out of jail.

I forsee a heart attack in Hanks future. Hes not young anymore.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I don't know if just womens clothing and hair styles now but older women like Carla Gugino look twice as good as they did 10 years ago.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

I don't know if just womens clothing and hair styles now but older women like Carla Gugino look twice as good as they did 10 years ago.

Not to me!

She look waaay better in entourage a few yrs ago and MUCH better in her older stuff!

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Man the scene with Hank, Runkle, and Nero in the bar was one of the most outrageous scenes I have seen; I couldn't believe what Nero was saying when he was talking about becoming an artist from a pretender. It was unreal.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Carla always looks amazing on screen. Shes one of those people who just does, even though I think she can be a bit funny looking in appearance photos, like from award shows and such.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to Callie Thorne to finally unleash her charms on this of all TV shows (not that she could have on other ones, but still).

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I keep wondering how they are going to write themselves out of a conviction for Hank. Definitely getting desperate and they are keeping me hanging. Charlie's testimony seemed overly stupid even for him, but a complaint that this show went over the top is kinda impossible at this point. Loved Hank combing his hair, putting on the blue suit, looking like Mulder and then complaining:

"I look like a fucking FBI agent."

:D

For a sometimes comedy, sometimes tragedy, the grief of Karen believing that Hank could have known Mia prior to seeing her in the bookstore was gut wrenching. Well done.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I have to say, the scene with him on the roof of the car.. that was something I have never thought you'd ever see on any TV show.. and yes, I wouldn't be surprised if people said it was over the top. They have went all-in for the zany this year, and at least they are willing to play it for what it is.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Great twists. And they've setup future seasons (which is already an option but not set) as completely different going ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks