-

Photo
- - - - -

Human Target Season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#21 of 57 Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,586 posts

Posted January 12 2011 - 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by NeilO 

For some reason at least in the first half hour they are showing Raising Hope instead of the Human Target tonight.  There is nothing about this on fox.com the last I looked.

It is being pre-empted because of your President's speech (according to the official facebook page).  Of course, the speech doesn't start at the top of the hour, that would be too handy...grrr...

Hopefully the west coast feed is untouched.

#22 of 57 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,591 posts

Posted January 12 2011 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the information.  I wish they had updated their website to reflect this.

#23 of 57 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,591 posts

Posted January 12 2011 - 01:26 PM

FOX has now updated their website and indicate they are showing Kitchen Nightmares until 10 PM.  So, I guess we'll get this week's Human Target episodes another time.

#24 of 57 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,591 posts

Posted January 13 2011 - 11:51 AM

I just checked fox.com and they have the two hours of The Human Target from Wednesday scheduled for this coming Friday (tomorrow).

#25 of 57 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 04:48 PM

So, after Wednesday was pre-empted, I didn't even think to look in this thread, and missed tonight's episodes.  Doh.

I didn't see any advertising on Fox itself either to indicate the change of time for the show.  Is this a special one-off thing, or is the show moving to Fridays again?

#26 of 57 Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,586 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by AlexF 

So, after Wednesday was pre-empted, I didn't even think to look in this thread, and missed tonight's episodes.  Doh.

I didn't see any advertising on Fox itself either to indicate the change of time for the show.  Is this a special one-off thing, or is the show moving to Fridays again?

It was moved here for the pre-empted week because Fox was only showing back-to-back repeats of Kitchen Nightmares.  It was the obvious choice, since American Idol starts next week (no Human Target until the 31st).

#27 of 57 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,742 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 14 2011 - 08:22 PM

Thankfully I read it here.  Both were great episodes.  It was nice for Guerrero to be the center of the second episode and play a major part in the first one.  I loved the part where all the bad guys recognized his name and he was still taking it to them even when they had him tied up like Hannibal Lector.  I recommend you watch them on-line (Hulu or Fox).

#28 of 57 Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,586 posts

Posted January 15 2011 - 05:16 AM

I really enjoyed these two episodes; both showcased how Human Target has the absolute-best fight scenes on TV.  The stunt choreographer (and stunt people, too) should be applauded.

Guerrero is one of the best characters on TV.

#29 of 57 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,500 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 15 2011 - 06:40 AM

Yup, great episodes.  I like how Guerrero had the hots for a certain female.  I hope they explore that some more in a future episode.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#30 of 57 Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted January 20 2011 - 12:19 PM

So, it took me a while to get caught up to this. The episodes have been sitting on my DVR since episode 2 (season 2), and I finally watched all that I have. It's still fun, though I agree Ilsa is getting annoying. Question though. My DVR recorded a two hour block of episodes one week, and then the next week it recorded a second two hour block of episodes which was preempted by the President. Have any episodes aired since that yet? I'm thinking maybe there might have been episodes last night that my DVR might have thought were a rerun, since it seems most Fox shows are back this week.

#31 of 57 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 20 2011 - 12:45 PM

American Idol last night.  Human Target returns on the 31st.

#32 of 57 Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted January 21 2011 - 06:14 AM

Well, the clock may be counting down on this show.  From the weekly chat with the Washington Post's TV columnist:

Q. Fox doubled-up episodes of Human Target the past few weeks. Was this simply to get it out of American Idol's way, or are they burning the episodes because they're cancelling the show?

A. Lisa de Moraes :
Yes, and yes... 

And there is this:

Q. II actually kind of enjoy this show, but in the recent weeks, they have shown the young, spunky accomplice sunbathing in her underwear, stripping down to her underwear to be a distraction and being forced to strip down to her underwear, oil up and wriggle through a ventilation shaft to help with a heist. I had to ask the expert: am I being pandered to? Any, oil slithering aside, I have found this show fun and entertaining, even if it does fall into the "turn brain off before watching" category. I assume it is on its last legs?

A. Lisa de Moraes :
I'd like to quote from the reference book "TV Industry Lessons to Live By," which is always at my side:

When a TV series  adds spunky accomplice who is seen sunbathing in her underwear, strpping doown to her underwear to be a decoy, being forced to strip down to her underwear and wriggle through a ventilation shaft to help in a heist - it's time to take the show off your DVR list.  It's desperate.  It's over. 

#33 of 57 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted February 01 2011 - 10:30 PM

Well, I almost forgot that HT moved to Monday for this week (thankfully, it's back on Wednesdays starting next this week).

Fun show this week, very much a feel of the new Mr. and Mrs. Smith to it.  Some more interesting revelations about the Pucci background too.

I must admit though, I really don't understand Fox.  They seem to move shows around randomly and haphazardly all the time.  What's the logic behind it?

Edit:  Yipe.  Tonight, not next week.  Stupid Fox random scheduling.

#34 of 57 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,658 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 12:16 AM

Quote:
(thankfully, it's back on Wednesdays starting next week).

FYI, there is a new episode tonight.

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#35 of 57 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,591 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 02:44 PM

And next week is the season finale.  That went fast.  I guess tonight's ratings right after AI will tell the story whether it will be coming back next season.

#36 of 57 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 02:45 PM

Tonight's episode was a fun one, some good stuff being thrown around too, and Ames' constant efforts to set Chance up were funny.

Unfortunately, I missed the denouement of the episode, right after the "job" was completed.  Hopefully I can catch it on a friends' PVR tomorrow.

#37 of 57 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,500 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 02 2011 - 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by NeilO 

And next week is the season finale.  That went fast.  I guess tonight's ratings right after AI will tell the story whether it will be coming back next season.

It doesn't sound like it if that's the final episode for the season.  They didn't even have 13 of them this year.

Crawdaddy

#38 of 57 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 10:10 PM

Last night's was episode 12.  If you'd believe it!

#39 of 57 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,500 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 03 2011 - 03:45 AM

Last night's was episode 12.  If you'd believe it!

Man, it doesn't seem like there has been 12 episodes.

Crawdaddy

#40 of 57 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,658 posts

Posted February 03 2011 - 04:16 AM

Remember, they ran two episodes back to back one night and there were two this week - 4 out of the broadcast 12 in two weeks.

-  Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.