What's new

BD Stallone 's Nighthawks - any idea when this will be out ? (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Absolutele Gem.

Any idea when this will be out.

30 years next year, what are the chances ?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Given the shoddy treatment Universal gave this flick on DVD I'd say chances are rather slim we'll see a high-quality re-issue on Blu-ray. It's almost as if the studio thinks this film is a piece of crap and not worthy of a re-release. This is definitely one of the better crime thrillers of the 80's...maybe if Stallone keeps making decent-grossing action flicks the studio may consider putting out one of those MGM-style quickie cheapo releases as a cash-in.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I would very much like to see a decent copy of this as well. This film made me a Rutger Hauer fan.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
This is a film I honestly have never seen, but recently looked into maybe watching it only to notice what others already know... there isn't a decent widescreen version of the film available!

Wish it could get fixed up with a proper transfer etc.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'd welcome Nighthawks on blu-ray but only with it's original music score intact.

From IMDB -

"The wide-screen DVD release from Universal substitutes two songs during the disco shootout. The first is "Brown Sugar" by The Rolling Stones and the second is "I'm A Man" by Keith Emerson. Earlier VHS releases from Universal Home Video, as well as some TV versions, also contained the altered songs."

I want those songs back in the film otherwise no sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks