What's new

3840 x 2160 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Matthew
Can someone help me find a an LCD screen available in the USA that does a resolution of 3840 x 2160 preferably LED base.

Real Name
Matthew
i found a few so far the only one alvaible in the US is the Eizo rapidforce LX560W and its out of my price range. The cell regza fits my specs exactly but no clue when its available in the us

Here's some of the manufacturers i looked at so far and contacted direct

Eizo (way overpriced medical monitor)
Sapphire (not evaluable in us)
Westinghouse (awaiting response)

Barco (awaiting response)
LG (none available yet)
Samsung (none available yet)
Philips (none available yet)
JVC (none available yet)
Toshiba (they dont reconize the model on there own page)

Real Name
Matthew
Mostly cad work and some gaming ... after talking to to a few retailers. I come to find out that only one manufacturer makes a monitor 4k2k and they sell it to all sub manufacturers IE Barco eizo sony etc who put there logo on it.. so they have a monopoly and can sell for w/e price they want. The only company that makes one semi affordable is Toshiba with there cell regza and even that is 11000+ usd however is still not available in the usa.. If they were id definitely consider one

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Are you looking for a television or a computer monitor? You're not going to do any gaming at 4k resolutions, period. And you'd be better served by multiple monitors for any graphics related work.

4k TVs were just demo'd at this years CES. There's a reason you're not going to find one, and I doubt they're going to become more common anytime soon as they don't fill a need outside of specialty uses.

Real Name
Matthew
im planning on using it for a computer monitor

actually 4k gaming isnt impossible as one might think do to ati eyefinity and nvidia 3d surround on higher end graphics cards. Simply plug both a pair of dual link dvi connectors into your work station or gaming rig. have the latest drivers makes some adjustments in software that are very easily done. Eyefinity if you haven't heard of it makes two monitors into one giant resolution. Most high end games such as crysis arma II etc are not resolution limited to 2560 x 1600. Also i cannot stand besels. furthermore yes i understand ill be slightly vram restricted in gaming/ cad work at this resolution however it should be manageable

Real Name
Matthew
after seaching a few arcticals it looks like i might have to bite the bullet and wait till late fall to pick up a 4k CELL regza... Its alittle cheaper then i thought... approx 7-8k usd however well worth it for what your getting. Hopefully the rumors are true otherwise ill just picking up a 30" led (2560 x 1600) as i see a few of those coming around

now i love everything about the regza except 2 key things.. i have no actual idea when its out just rumors... secondly you have to use an add on media center.. which i suppose is fine other then that its everything im looking for and im sure the picture quality will be well worth it.. So HERES HOPING!

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/toshiba-55zx900/4505-6482_7-33939626.html

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
for some reason, Alpine is a name that's drifting around in my mind. NHK was using them as 1/4 resolution preview monitors a few years back for their UHDTV set-ups (8k x 72fps). Glancing around, though, I've not been able to conjure up any references. It wasn't LED-based, though -- that I know!

Leo

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I haven't seen any in quite that resolution, but there are several 2560x1600, and you can readily find those. The bigger issue you're going to run into above that is going to do with the driver base supports.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks