Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nicolas and Alexandra

Robert Harris

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 843 posts

Posted May 05 2010 - 06:11 PM

Any news on this coming to bluray?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   24fpssean

24fpssean

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted August 26 2010 - 05:11 AM

N&A is a great historical epic, extraordinarily beautiful and in my opinion vastly more Russian in look and feel than Zhivago, it will be spectacular on BD. The fairness of the script - neither condemning nor deifying the Romanovs is pretty remarkable but does turn some off since most people need clear cut villains and heroes.

Great film!

“The cinema is an invention with no future…”     – Louis Lumière

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   in2video2

in2video2

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 27 2010 - 10:29 PM

I, too, have been wondering how the passing of the years has treated Nicholas and Alexandra? It would make for a brilliant Blu-Ray release whenever it reaches that point. Hopefully a serious revisit may be forthcoming soon.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   ShowsOn

ShowsOn

Second Unit

• 253 posts

Posted April 29 2011 - 01:06 AM

Just watched the 9 year old UK DVD of this tonight. What a wonderful epic film? It is really a F. A. Young film with Franklin Shaffner pinch hitting for David Lean. The exteriors are all just spectacular. This would make a wonderful Blu-ray with a new transfer, but sadly I just doubt that it is a high enough profile title to get the HD treatment. At the very least I hope Sony records a commentary with the two leads, even if they don't get around to doing a Blu-ray for a few years.