What's new

Any word on Barry Lyndon, The Duelists or 1492? (1 Viewer)

Flemming.K

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if anyone have heard about coming BD releases of

Barry Lyndon, The Duelists or 1492 or if they have been shown in a HDTV broadcast?

And how about movies from Tarkovsky?

John Stockton

Second Unit
I also want LOLITA. Somehow WB forgot about Barry Lyndon and LOLITA. I hope they get the same treatment as the previous Kubrick films.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
WB didn't forget about Lolita and Barry Lyndon. At the time (Fall 2007) they were releasing on both formats, and they clearly had sales data that showed those two titles sold notably less on DVD than the other five. I suspect WB will get around to releasing both on Blu-ray eventually, though exactly when is anybody's guess.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway

WB didn't forget about Lolita and Barry Lyndon. At the time (Fall 2007) they were releasing on both formats, and they clearly had sales data that showed those two titles sold notably less on DVD than the other five. I suspect WB will get around to releasing both on Blu-ray eventually, though exactly when is anybody's guess.
I would think that Barry Lyndon and Lolita would sell better paired with the other Kubrick movies, than as standalone releases. They're the least popular Kubrick movies, so they need all the help they can get.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Hope the current relationship between Paramount and Criterion holds out -- THE DUELLISTS would be a great choice for Blu-ray.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by PaulDA

That would be a release day purchase for me--one of my favourite films set in a historical period.

Ditto for me. It's still my favorite Ridley Scott movie.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
These are all good candidates. Barry Lyndon is my favorite movie, The Duelists is a great Lyndon knockoff (I mean that in a good way) and 1492 would look amazing. I seem to recall the Ridley Scott was approached by HBO at some point about doing a director's cut of 1492 presented as a mini-series. They probably won't release the Blu-ray until after that - if it ever happens.

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
How I long for Barry Lyndon to be released on Blu-ray from a master created from the original film elements! Lovingly crafted for the Blu-ray format to get us as close to what Kubrick intended us to see as the format will allow. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks