Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (1963) is up for pre-order (July 6)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 3,966 posts

Posted April 22 2010 - 09:18 AM

This has been listed for pre-order in several places (Amazon, Blu-ray.com, highdefdiscnews.com), so I guess it's looking good to go for July 6. Looks like it is the only additional Harryhausen title to be scheduled at this point, probably to cash in on the mythological momentum from CLASH OF THE TITANS. No special features have yet been announced. I still have a DVD-R of the Harryhausen commentary track from the Criterion laser disc, so I am hoping it will be ported over, and that the two night scenes have been corrected to look like night, as Criterion also did).  Anyway, great news!

#2 of 5 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,063 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 22 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hell yes! /img/vbsmilies/htf/dance.gif

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 5 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,835 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted April 22 2010 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway 

Hell yes! /img/vbsmilies/htf/dance.gif

Exactly what I was thinking
Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#4 of 5 Terry Hickey

Terry Hickey

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted April 22 2010 - 03:03 PM

Great news, hope it doesn't get delayed.

#5 of 5 John_S

John_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted April 23 2010 - 08:43 AM

Count me in also!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users