-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announcement: The Prisoner (2009)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,292 posts

Posted December 15 2009 - 11:37 AM

Posted Image 
Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted December 15 2009 - 01:24 PM

Heya, Ronald. Thanks for posting this.

Now that I got that out of the way, I got the opportunity to watch the original classic television show last month in its entirety on Comcast InDemand and while I had never watched the original series before, it was an interesting show. However, I was disappointed in this remake. Not only wasn't the remake up to taking on the mantle of the original but the six hours was tedious and too long.

I also noticed that there were drastic changes to the Number 2 character and his interaction with Number 6. While Ian Mckellen and Jim Caviezel were perfect for their roles, I just felt that it deviated too far from what the original series established. I was hoping that the remake would have stayed closer to the original series and while this is mostly impossible where remakes are concerned, I did hope it would stay as close as possible. It just lacked that suave repetoire that existed in the original series between #2 and #6.

I think I'll go back and watch the original series again ...

#3 of 4 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted December 15 2009 - 01:57 PM

Hmph....if it's "visually stunning" as time magazine says it is.....then one would think Warner would put this on blu-ray.  If they ever decide to release this on BD, then I will consider picking it up.

Recently watched- 300: Rise Of An Empire 3D, Noah, Sin City, Phantom Of The Paradise, 300, The Final Terror, Willow, The Bank Job, One Hour Photo, Gone Baby Gone, Horrible Bosses, Buried, Escape Plan, Sudden Impact, The Enforcer(1976), The Other Guys

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 1, Lost: Season 1

"That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'."

#4 of 4 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted December 16 2009 - 02:03 AM

Joseph, I have watched the entire series, both the original and the remake. I can tell you that this series is not "visually stunning." If they mean by the fact that they use more sand, then yeah, it's more stunning. However, I don't consider "sand" to be visually stunning.

While it was interesting to watch, it's not totally uninteresting, it just doesn't live up to my expectation of being an adequate sequel or a remake to the original series.