Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Internet Explorer or other Browser... Can I use a hot key to do this with tabs?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted December 13 2009 - 07:40 AM

When I open up my browser (IE) it opens up 4 tabs (my home pages I guess).  Is there a way to open up a group of tabs at will?  There are certain times of the day or certain days where I want to look at say 10 different webpages  But I do NOT want all of these opening up every time I open up my browser because I dont look at them that often.

I am hoping some browser supports this in some fashion (with a hot key or something).  Sure would be nice not to have to open up 10 favorites when I need these web pages.

#2 of 3 Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,629 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted December 13 2009 - 08:03 AM

You can do this in firefox (at least in my version v3.5.5) by putting all the URLs into a folder in your bookmarks and then right clicking on the folder (either in the bookmark organizer or perhaps in the bookmarks tab that you can set up and customize) and selecting "open all in tabs" and you'll open every URL in that folder in a tabbed browser...

Jay

You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#3 of 3 CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted December 13 2009 - 08:41 AM

Very very cool!  Thank you for the help.  Looks like its time for me to learn another browser.  UGH!

Tried that in IE and no go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users