Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI cable for 240HZ toshiba

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   dznutzx

dznutzx

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted December 12 2009 - 03:27 AM

Hi,

I just noticed the HDMI cable I bought says supports 120hz on the back. I've always assumed all the HDMI cables were the same, whether they were for 60hz or 600hz plasma. I've always read you don't need to get monster, etc...

So did I screw myself? Do I need to get a different hdmi cable with 240hz support?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,016 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted December 12 2009 - 04:46 AM

James- Thanks for joining HTF.  While I'm sure some store somewhere would love to sell you a new expensive 240hz HDMI cable, your cable will work just fine.  Keep in mind that there are no devices that output 240hz (or 120hz for that matter).  Your Blu-ray player, game console, etc is sending out either 60 or 24hz to the display.  The display is taking that and manipulating it internally to 120 or 240.  In your case the set is "electronically" converting it to 120 by creating extra video frames and then using some tricks with the back light to make it look like 240hz. Enjoy your new set!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   dznutzx

dznutzx

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted December 12 2009 - 05:43 AM

Great, thanks!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,530 posts

Posted December 12 2009 - 07:13 AM

Yeah, gotta love a "120Hz" cable to transport a signal that isn't 120Hz until the tv. Cable manufacturers should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail like the snake oil salesmen of yore.  At least the snake oil salesmen put cocaine and opium in their concoctions, cable manufacturers are peddling nothing but pure BS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users