What's new

HDMI cable for 240HZ toshiba (1 Viewer)

dznutzx

Auditioning
Real Name
James Taylor
Hi,

I just noticed the HDMI cable I bought says supports 120hz on the back. I've always assumed all the HDMI cables were the same, whether they were for 60hz or 600hz plasma. I've always read you don't need to get monster, etc...

So did I screw myself? Do I need to get a different hdmi cable with 240hz support?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
James-
Thanks for joining HTF. While I'm sure some store somewhere would love to sell you a new expensive 240hz HDMI cable, your cable will work just fine. Keep in mind that there are no devices that output 240hz (or 120hz for that matter). Your Blu-ray player, game console, etc is sending out either 60 or 24hz to the display. The display is taking that and manipulating it internally to 120 or 240. In your case the set is "electronically" converting it to 120 by creating extra video frames and then using some tricks with the back light to make it look like 240hz. Enjoy your new set!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, gotta love a "120Hz" cable to transport a signal that isn't 120Hz until the tv. Cable manufacturers should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail like the snake oil salesmen of yore. At least the snake oil salesmen put cocaine and opium in their concoctions, cable manufacturers are peddling nothing but pure BS.

Users who are viewing this thread