-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHO Links Cell Phone Use to Brain Cancer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 23 2009 - 04:00 PM

Came across my twitter feed about 20 minutes ago.. whoa.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/135974/Mobile-use-is-linked-to-brain-tumours

Quote:

LONG-term mobile phone users could face a higher risk of developing cancer in later life, according to a decade-long study.

The report, to be published later this year, has reportedly found that heavy mobile use is linked to brain tumours.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 5 Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted October 24 2009 - 02:57 AM

This research has been brewing for quite some time...Interestingly omitted from this article you linked is that researchers in Europe (I don't remember exactly where) have very recently begun to study a suspected link between cell phones and testicular cancer which has been on the rise globally since right around the time cell phones became widely used. The suspected link isn't too difficult to at least imagine as being possible given that most men keep their cell phones in their front pockets, too close to the jewels.

Carl

#3 of 5 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted October 24 2009 - 04:51 PM

I guess I'm susceptable to hip cancer if that were the case because it's clipped to my belt for my Blackberry holster, but I rarely talk on it at all.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#4 of 5 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,574 posts

Posted October 24 2009 - 04:57 PM

More garbage studies. Well, at least University researchers have job security. That is more than I can say for the rest of working people.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#5 of 5 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,715 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 25 2009 - 01:40 AM

It was pointless to do this study. Even if it's accurate, people will choose not to believe it because they don't want to give up their cell phones.