WHO Links Cell Phone Use to Brain Cancer

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by mattCR, Oct 23, 2009.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Came across my twitter feed about 20 minutes ago.. whoa.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/135974/Mobile-use-is-linked-to-brain-tumours

2. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

This research has been brewing for quite some time...Interestingly omitted from this article you linked is that researchers in Europe (I don't remember exactly where) have very recently begun to study a suspected link between cell phones and testicular cancer which has been on the rise globally since right around the time cell phones became widely used. The suspected link isn't too difficult to at least imagine as being possible given that most men keep their cell phones in their front pockets, too close to the jewels.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I guess I'm susceptable to hip cancer if that were the case because it's clipped to my belt for my Blackberry holster, but I rarely talk on it at all.

4. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer

More garbage studies. Well, at least University researchers have job security. That is more than I can say for the rest of working people.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It was pointless to do this study. Even if it's accurate, people will choose not to believe it because they don't want to give up their cell phones.