Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

House M. D. - Season 6

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 of 176 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,308 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 24 2009 - 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

But hardly any shows grow year-to-year any more, much less grow their timeslot 170 percent over the previous year.

Of course.  The year-to-year growth is impressive, but that isn't the point I was addressing.Regards,Joe

#22 of 176 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 05:18 AM

I stumbled across this link today. It doesn't contain any direct spoilers but it's enough to disappoint you. :(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33007929/ns/entertainment-television/

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#23 of 176 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,035 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 27 2009 - 09:55 AM

Yeah, without giving anything way, Ausiello over at Entertainment Weekly broke the news of that cast member's departure earlier in the weekend. I'm really disappointed, because the character in question is the one I'd most like to see more of.

Don't click on Zack's link if you don't want to know what actor/actress (and therefore character) is leaving the show.

#24 of 176 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,308 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 27 2009 - 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

Don't click on Zack's link if you don't want to know what actor/actress (and therefore character) is leaving the show.
I don't and I won't.  Thanks for the heads-up. 

Regards,

Joe

#25 of 176 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,104 posts

Posted September 28 2009 - 02:35 PM

Funny scene with Taub on his side dodging the VR creatures.  Buh-bye, Taubby! 

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#26 of 176 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,691 posts

Posted September 29 2009 - 08:05 AM

I was pleasantly surprised that Andre Braugher was back and I hope we will see House talking with his character every now and then in future episodes.  It appears that Taub left too quickly, since House is coming back to the hospital.  A bit convenient.

#27 of 176 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,035 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 29 2009 - 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by NeilO 

I was pleasantly surprised that Andre Braugher was back and I hope we will see House talking with his character every now and then in future episodes.  It appears that Taub left too quickly, since House is coming back to the hospital.  A bit convenient.
Me too. It's a way of holding on to the insight we got into "House" in the premiere without changing the fundamental nature of the larger show. He's also one of the only actors they've ever had on the show who can hold his weight in a scene with Hugh Laurie. I loved the direct cut from House lying to Wilson and Cuddy to come right out with the truth to Dr. Nolan. I also liked the juxiposition between Foreman being unable to admit his mistakes for long stretches of the episode and Dr. Nolan at the end admitting he was wrong without the slightest hesitation. It really showed how far Foreman, and to a lesser extent House, still had to go.

Not the most exciting episode. I think it was the show's chance to figure out how to manage the reformed House within the new framework. I was ready to throw something through the TV when he grabbed the vicodin bottle, and I was so happy they didn't go down that road. I'm really looking forward to next week.

#28 of 176 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 29 2009 - 10:32 AM

I don't know if you guys know this but my friend told me that she read that Hugh Laurie is actually beginning to have leg problems because of all the pretend limping he does on the show, further adding that his doctor has told him he has to quit doing that.

So, either the show will end or House will be miraculously cured lol.

"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#29 of 176 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,687 posts

Posted September 29 2009 - 10:46 AM

../../../fck2.7-8/editor/images/spacer.gif
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer! 

I don't know if you guys know this but my friend told me that she read that Hugh Laurie is actually beginning to have leg problems because of all the pretend limping he does on the show, further adding that his doctor has told him he has to quit doing that.

So, either the show will end or House will be miraculously cured lol.
Yup.  Here's a link to the story: http://www.dailymail...e.html?ITO=1490

#30 of 176 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,754 posts

Posted September 29 2009 - 10:50 AM

I started hearing that around the summer before season 3 I think, which is why I was surprised the miracle cure at the end of S2 didn't stick.

#31 of 176 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,035 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 05 2009 - 01:21 PM

It was nice to see the old team back together again for another hurrah, but I'm not okay with what Chase did. There's no reset button that reverses his betrayal of the Hippocratic Oath. Even if the autopsy ultimately proves that it was whatever he used the blood to fake, it doesn't change the fact that he intended harm.

On the other hand, I enjoyed House's storyline with the other House.

#32 of 176 OFFLINE   Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Screenwriter

• 1,232 posts
  • LocationNY Capital Region

Posted October 05 2009 - 03:20 PM

I liked the Dexter shout-out.

#33 of 176 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,104 posts

Posted October 05 2009 - 04:00 PM

Wow, that was an unexpected ethically challenging episode of House tonight.  It's been a while since I've watch a show and my mouth was agape by what unfolded in the final minutes.  Of course, Chase will have to deal with the repercussions and fallout, as well as Foreman, but he did get called out and Chase manned up as best as he thought he could in spite of the situation.  Not saying it was right, but in his mind, it became justifiable.

#34 of 176 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted October 06 2009 - 04:19 AM

loved the DEXTER scene

Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#35 of 176 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,308 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 07 2009 - 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by todd stone [url=/forum/thread/293162/house-m-d-season-6/30#post_3614157]

Joe

#36 of 176 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,248 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 08 2009 - 12:41 AM

You seriously need to see the DVDs.  But Dexter is a police analyst who hunts down murders/psychos who get off on prison sentences.. or he arranges for them to get off.. so he can then kill & butcher them to dump them into the ocean ;)

One of Dexter's big methods is to grab people behind a door and stick them in the neck with a tranquilizer shot to knock them out.  When they wake up, they are generally completely immobilized so he can lecture them about the wrong in their life before he cuts them apart.  :)

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#37 of 176 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,104 posts

Posted October 12 2009 - 03:29 PM

So, is that it, 13's done?

#38 of 176 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted October 12 2009 - 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun 

So, is that it, 13's done?

I'm not too sure.

I mean, there's going to be at least one opening on the team later in the season, so maybe 13 will be back then.

At this time, I'm a bit more disappointed in Taub being gone.

#39 of 176 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted October 12 2009 - 05:04 PM

Unless I read the actors are off the show I think it's pretty certain both 13 and Taub will be back. They've been doing this too much lately, fooled me once with Wilson. Won't fool me again, House!

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#40 of 176 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,632 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 13 2009 - 08:05 AM

Who cares?

That was the most boring HOUSE episode ever.  And, what a lame ending!  The idiot billionaire who just bankrupted himself in 2 min (implausible at best) toasting pizza with his son? 

Next!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users