-

Photo
- - - - -

need sub to fit in cabinet (not very deep)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   shunter

shunter

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 28 2009 - 10:08 AM

I am looking for the best subwoofer (price is not an issue, although i prefer not to spend more than $2000 each) to fit in my cabinet.  i have cabinets that are only 17" deep.  they are 21" wide, 24" high.  the problem i am finding is the depth.

I recognize that money will not cure the problem of having a small sub, but what is the best subwoofer to fit in that space?  redesigning the cabinets and such is possible, but i would rather just buy a nice sub for $800 or $1200 (and i would buy two of them) and be done with it rather than getting a cabinet guy to make my sub cabinets an extra 3-4" deeper (cant really do much more than that anyways).

TIA

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 1,992 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted August 28 2009 - 10:40 AM

Subs of any price do not like cabinets (speakers in general do not like cabinets).  With subs it all about placement.  You need to be really flexible to get the most out of them.  Throwing money at them will not help either.  It all about the room they are in.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   MaxL

MaxL

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted August 28 2009 - 03:42 PM

this guy
HT: Marantz SR8000, PSB Alpha B fronts, Alpha C center, CSW Newton S200 surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, Marantz DVD, Sony CRT TV

Stereos include vintage Sony receivers/amps into vintage AR and KEF speakers.