What's new

Desktop Tweetie is on like Zaxxon, Monday! (1 Viewer)

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Gotta say, I tried practicly every twitter app, (tweetdeck, twirl, natsulion, twitterrific, and several more) and found each lacking for me usage wise. But when machiest offered a free (limited) version of Eventbox a couple weeks ago I tried it and for me personally I liked it much better than all the others to the point I bought the full version.

Then last week I discovered a new comer to the twitter client war called Nambu. It's better than all the others I tried (except but close to Eventbox). I tried Tweetie today and it's got excellent potential but seems lacking compared to Nambu and Eventbox. If you want to try a free client give Nambu a try. I think you'll like it

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Nambu is good. Multiple Twitter accounts in Tweetie are broken (of course they aren't even an option in Nambu). Nambu also has some AI features that are both good and bad (it remembers searches and adds new tweets on those subjects to your main window -- this can both be super useful and super annoying, depending).

I still primarily use Twitterrific on the iPhone because it remembers the last 100 tweets no matter how long it hasn't been running -- which is crucial for the subway (no cell service) which where I do most of my reading.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hmmm, if I'm going to stay with Twitter, I may need to look into Nambu. I sure don't want spend money on Twitter right now, but I am finding it useful, addictive, maddening, weird, useless, etc. I've been using EventBox. I'm not using the full version and I'm not a big fan of it. I think I like TweetDeck better. Really like TwitterFon for the iPhone.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Ah, I missed that there was a free ad-supported version. I'll give it a try.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I take (some of) my previous post back: Nambu does in fact support multiple Twitter accounts, and does so very nicely -- really at this point I don't feel I need Tweetie or anything else. Nambu rocks!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I like the Tweetie interface for some things, but for others I still like TweetDeck. TweetDeck seems to be faster and the spell check works in it. I haven't made a final decision though and it sounds like I need to try Nambu next.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks