Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Penguins of Madagascar

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer

• 10,060 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 02 2009 - 08:36 AM

Madagascar fans take note: Nickelodeon is airing this new series every weeknight at 8 pm this week and next (at least I think that's the schedule -- check if you're interested). It features the penguins and the lemurs at the Central Park Zoo (the lemur voices are impersonators, but they're pretty good imitations -- not sure about the penguin voices). I saw 2 of the first 3 episodes and thought they were pretty well done.

I don't know what the regular time slot will be, but I'll probably continue watching.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Fred Mitchell

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted April 05 2009 - 07:07 AM

I caught this for the first time today. I must admit, pretty entertaining!! The Lemur king sounds EXACTLY like Sasha! I'll definitely check this out more often.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted April 06 2009 - 01:16 AM

"Cute and cuddly, boys..." I'm giving it a chance to grow on me. The militaristic antics of the penguins are funny and mimic the movies very well. Tom McGrath (Skipper) seems to be the only voice actor held over from the movies. I think King Julien's ego could grow old very fast. The show might be better served by bringing back Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria, even tough they'll no doubt need new voiceovers.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users