The Penguins of Madagascar

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Aaron Silverman, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Madagascar fans take note: Nickelodeon is airing this new series every weeknight at 8 pm this week and next (at least I think that's the schedule -- check if you're interested). It features the penguins and the lemurs at the Central Park Zoo (the lemur voices are impersonators, but they're pretty good imitations -- not sure about the penguin voices). I saw 2 of the first 3 episodes and thought they were pretty well done.

I don't know what the regular time slot will be, but I'll probably continue watching.

2. Fred Mitchell

Fred Mitchell Stunt Coordinator

I caught this for the first time today. I must admit, pretty entertaining!! The Lemur king sounds EXACTLY like Sasha! I'll definitely check this out more often.

3. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    "Cute and cuddly, boys..."

I'm giving it a chance to grow on me. The militaristic antics of the penguins are funny and mimic the movies very well.

Tom McGrath (Skipper) seems to be the only voice actor held over from the movies.

I think King Julien's ego could grow old very fast. The show might be better served by bringing back Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria, even tough they'll no doubt need new voiceovers.