Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 3-24-2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#61 of 73 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,616 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 26 2009 - 07:23 AM

Hmmm...my math and reasoning sounds perfectly legit to my mind. Maybe someone else can see the problem.

$27.99 (BB's Bolt BD) + $19.99 (BB's L/S DVD) = $47.98
$26.99 (Target Price Match) + $15.99 (Target Price Match) = $42.98
$42.98 - $6 (BB Special) = $36.98

This doesn't include the $10 off coupon...

Yet my BB receipt indicates $15.99 (L/S) + $24.99 (Bolt) = $40.98

I'm thinking I'm owed another $4. I bet the price match screwed the whole thing up...

#62 of 73 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,819 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 26 2009 - 07:59 AM

I'm gonna figure, Jason, the price match made the $6 BB savings deal on the joint purchase null and void (in their mind...if not in yours). Maybe they figure it's a "not to be comined with any other offer" situation. Or, more accurately, they probably figure that the $6 savings is only valid on BB prices.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#63 of 73 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,616 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 26 2009 - 08:20 AM

Thanks Mike! I have to stop at another store on the way home and *might* argue the point with them.

#64 of 73 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,819 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 26 2009 - 08:45 AM

I'd love to stand by your side for support...but I think that would do more harm than good! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#65 of 73 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 26 2009 - 09:49 AM

Do you have a Toys R Us in your area? Try this:

$24.99 (Bolt BD) + $19.99 (L&S DVD) = $44.98
$44.98 - $10 (buy Bolt plus any other Disney disc $19.99 & up and get $10 off) = $34.98
$34.98 - $10 (downloadable Bolt BD coupon) = $24.98

$24.98 + tax for both. You can also do it on Toys R Us' website, but you can't use the downloadable coupon, so it'd be $34.98 + tax.

Either way, you then buy spaghetti for the $4 mail-in rebate.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#66 of 73 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,616 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 26 2009 - 10:57 AM

Thanks Mike! The gal I asked as Customer Service said that the price match trumped the $6 offer, so there's the answer.

Aaron...the closest TRU to me is about 45 minutes away on a good day. In the end, I got the RZ points, didn't have to deal with stupid mall traffic and picked up the Bond movies I was missing, all in the same trip. If it was closer, I would have bit on that in a sec.

#67 of 73 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 27 2009 - 08:10 AM

I don't blame you. I have a BB gift card, but TRU is right across the street from it and I'm sure I'll find something else to get at BB before too long. Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#68 of 73 Ron68

Ron68

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted March 27 2009 - 03:41 PM

I had my brother pick me up the Bolt DE, Lilo & Stitch and the 2 disc Quantum of Solace with the book from Target. I didn't bother with any coupons but maybe I should have now that the sales tax is 9% lol

#69 of 73 Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted March 28 2009 - 09:22 AM

Got Pinocchio and Bolt, both on BD, at TRU for $34.98 after the $10 combo discount and the $10 Bolt coupon. Nice deal for Disney BD!
My Family's DVD Collection
My Family's Game Collection

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

#70 of 73 Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted March 31 2009 - 02:01 AM

Only took 3 days for Target's headquarters in Minnesota to answer my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Bastards say that the "Deluxe" version is not included in the $10 combo offer with Lilo & Stitch. They said there is a standard, deluxe & a blu ray release & while they're sorry I thought that my 2 disc standard dvd should qualify that it doesn't and I won't get the $10 savings those who bought the Joe 6 Pack sd dvd got. Nothing like penalizing people who spend an extra $7 for the 2 disc & Lilo on the same receipt.

By the way, I found this out just as I was getting back from Target. I hadn't checked the receipts real carefully and when mom took back the 3 dvds to try to get this resolved they had only credited her for the BOLT 1 disc. I had just checked my MasterCard this morning & found out I only had a very small credit for the one disc BOLT and then recharged me for the 2 disc BOLT (minus the $10 savings) & double charged me for Lilo & Never Say Never Again. Took 2 managers about an hour to go carefully over all of the receipts in their office & then credit me with $27.80 which I was overcharged.

#71 of 73 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,819 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 31 2009 - 09:37 AM

And THAT is one ugly story, Bill. Posted Image

I hope the Target managers were, at least, nice to you along the way.

#72 of 73 Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted March 31 2009 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
And THAT is one ugly story, Bill. Posted Image

I hope the Target managers were, at least, nice to you along the way.

Yes, the 2 managers were very nice. And I made out financially a bit better than they thought too. When I added the $11.76 they had credited me to the $27.80 that they credited me today it came out to $5 over the credit I had coming. SO it seems they erred and I ended up with 1/2 of the $10 I SHOULD have gotten for the BOLT/Lilo special.

#73 of 73 Alfonso_M

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted April 10 2009 - 06:01 PM

For those like me waiting for a better price on the SD-DVD of Quantum of Solace, starting on Monday 4.13 Costco is offering a $5.00 off coupon for all Fox SD-DVD titles, the price of the single disc should be 13.99 with the coupon...not much, but it keeps it below my self imposed 14.99 price limit ....