Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Being There

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Brent Avery

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor

• 699 posts

Posted January 24 2009 - 06:02 PM

I must have missed the announcement concerning this film's release on blu ray and I admit to never having seen this Peter Sellers effort. Hope to see it on the weekend after getting an early copy. Seems to have gotten high ratings so I can only imagine it will be entertaining.

#2 of 6 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,994 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 25 2009 - 12:08 PM

for some reason a search of "being there" gives zero.
but peter sellers works.

from october
http://www.hometheat....d-blu-ray.html

facebook.com/whotony

#3 of 6 DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted January 25 2009 - 12:14 PM

Great movie. Funny, but not too many laughs. The first time I saw this movie I was 10 years old. I must have gone into the wrong theater. I didn't get it one bit. I took the movie literally. I was very saw walking out of the theater. Anyways, years later I watched it with a lot more understanding. Very good movie.

#4 of 6 David Wilkins

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

• 823 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Avery
I must have missed the announcement concerning this film's release on blu ray and I admit to never having seen this Peter Sellers effort. Hope to see it on the weekend after getting an early copy. Seems to have gotten high ratings so I can only imagine it will be entertaining.

Brent,

I'm interested in hearing your impressions after viewing. It's my favorite Sellers movie; unique and wonderful. Wish I could watch it again for the first time.

#5 of 6 Brent Avery

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor

• 699 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 04:56 AM

David - I hope to view it tonight, although between The Natalie Wood Collection, The Sidney Poitier Collection (watched Edge Of the City with John Cassavetes - excellent film!), Far from the Maddening Crowd, Goodbye Mr. Chips, and a few '60's tv shows thrown in it may be a bit of a squeeze, but I will try and fit it in and leave a good impression! There was a review somewhere, but I do not have a link - it was Rope Of Silicon - I booked marked it as it looks like an interesting site.

#6 of 6 Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,441 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted January 26 2009 - 11:50 AM

I also saw it as a kid (maybe 12?), and I didn't really get it. I later saw it 7-8 years ago when it came out on DVD, and it hit me in such the right way. The last shot blew me away and changed the way I looked at what came before. It can be interpreted in various ways, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users