Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Being There

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Brent Avery

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted January 24 2009 - 06:02 PM

I must have missed the announcement concerning this film's release on blu ray and I admit to never having seen this Peter Sellers effort. Hope to see it on the weekend after getting an early copy. Seems to have gotten high ratings so I can only imagine it will be entertaining.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,679 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 25 2009 - 12:08 PM

for some reason a search of "being there" gives zero.
but peter sellers works.

from october

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted January 25 2009 - 12:14 PM

Great movie. Funny, but not too many laughs. The first time I saw this movie I was 10 years old. I must have gone into the wrong theater. I didn't get it one bit. I took the movie literally. I was very saw walking out of the theater. Anyways, years later I watched it with a lot more understanding. Very good movie.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   David Wilkins

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

• 828 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 02:09 AM

Brent, I'm interested in hearing your impressions after viewing. It's my favorite Sellers movie; unique and wonderful. Wish I could watch it again for the first time.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Brent Avery

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 04:56 AM

David - I hope to view it tonight, although between The Natalie Wood Collection, The Sidney Poitier Collection (watched Edge Of the City with John Cassavetes - excellent film!), Far from the Maddening Crowd, Goodbye Mr. Chips, and a few '60's tv shows thrown in it may be a bit of a squeeze, but I will try and fit it in and leave a good impression! There was a review somewhere, but I do not have a link - it was Rope Of Silicon - I booked marked it as it looks like an interesting site.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

• 1,459 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted January 26 2009 - 11:50 AM

I also saw it as a kid (maybe 12?), and I didn't really get it. I later saw it 7-8 years ago when it came out on DVD, and it hit me in such the right way. The last shot blew me away and changed the way I looked at what came before. It can be interpreted in various ways, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users