What's new

Being There (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I must have missed the announcement concerning this film's release on blu ray and I admit to never having seen this Peter Sellers effort. Hope to see it on the weekend after getting an early copy. Seems to have gotten high ratings so I can only imagine it will be entertaining.

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Great movie. Funny, but not too many laughs. The first time I saw this movie I was 10 years old. I must have gone into the wrong theater. I didn't get it one bit. I took the movie literally. I was very saw walking out of the theater. Anyways, years later I watched it with a lot more understanding. Very good movie.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

Brent,

I'm interested in hearing your impressions after viewing. It's my favorite Sellers movie; unique and wonderful. Wish I could watch it again for the first time.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
David - I hope to view it tonight, although between The Natalie Wood Collection, The Sidney Poitier Collection (watched Edge Of the City with John Cassavetes - excellent film!), Far from the Maddening Crowd, Goodbye Mr. Chips, and a few '60's tv shows thrown in it may be a bit of a squeeze, but I will try and fit it in and leave a good impression! There was a review somewhere, but I do not have a link - it was Rope Of Silicon - I booked marked it as it looks like an interesting site.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I also saw it as a kid (maybe 12?), and I didn't really get it. I later saw it 7-8 years ago when it came out on DVD, and it hit me in such the right way. The last shot blew me away and changed the way I looked at what came before. It can be interpreted in various ways, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks