Being There

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Brent Avery, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

I must have missed the announcement concerning this film's release on blu ray and I admit to never having seen this Peter Sellers effort. Hope to see it on the weekend after getting an early copy. Seems to have gotten high ratings so I can only imagine it will be entertaining.

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
  3. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Great movie. Funny, but not too many laughs. The first time I saw this movie I was 10 years old. I must have gone into the wrong theater. I didn't get it one bit. I took the movie literally. I was very saw walking out of the theater. Anyways, years later I watched it with a lot more understanding. Very good movie.

4. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

Brent,

I'm interested in hearing your impressions after viewing. It's my favorite Sellers movie; unique and wonderful. Wish I could watch it again for the first time.

5. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

David - I hope to view it tonight, although between The Natalie Wood Collection, The Sidney Poitier Collection (watched Edge Of the City with John Cassavetes - excellent film!), Far from the Maddening Crowd, Goodbye Mr. Chips, and a few '60's tv shows thrown in it may be a bit of a squeeze, but I will try and fit it in and leave a good impression! There was a review somewhere, but I do not have a link - it was Rope Of Silicon - I booked marked it as it looks like an interesting site.

6. Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez Screenwriter

I also saw it as a kid (maybe 12?), and I didn't really get it. I later saw it 7-8 years ago when it came out on DVD, and it hit me in such the right way. The last shot blew me away and changed the way I looked at what came before. It can be interpreted in various ways, of course.