Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Live action)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted December 07 2008 - 04:01 AM

Disney is making a live action version of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". Instead of Mickey Mouse it has some guy named Jay Baruchel, Nicolas Cage plays the sorcerer, and it all takes place in modern-day New York City.Posted Image

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,680 posts

Posted December 07 2008 - 12:37 PM

Mr. Merlin, the motion picture? Posted Image

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted March 04 2010 - 07:20 AM

Did you see the trailer for this yet? It came out back in December, and saw a couple photos of Nic Cage in New York floating around recently too for re-shoots. I thought the trailer looked pretty cool....and I'm sure most people know who Jay Baruchel is by now since he's got a bunch of movies coming out now (She's Out of My League, How to Train Your Dragon and this).

http://trailers.appl...rersapprentice/

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,264 posts

Posted March 07 2010 - 07:46 PM

Saw the trailer before one of the movies we just saw.  Didn't realize it was a remake of the cartoon until we saw the brooms and mops cleaning the floor!  I think it looks pretty good!

My DVD Collection

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,990 posts

Posted March 08 2010 - 05:51 AM

I went to a movie a few weeks ago.  And 2 or 3 of the trailers had movies with Cage in them.  I guess he is working hard to pay off those IRS debts.  :)
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted March 08 2010 - 08:53 AM

LOL - perhaps. I've been noticing Jay Baruchel a lot lately, actually - feel like all his upcoming previews have been dominating my TV screens recently - especially How To Train Your Dragon. I liked him in Tropic Thunder so it'll be interesting to see how he handles his leading roles these days, especially a big summer blockbuster. Read an interview with him recently, and apparently he loved working with Cage.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted May 14 2010 - 07:53 AM

Just thought I'd update the thread with the latest trailer and poster. Still looks pretty cool to me - love the effects on the poster.

Posted Image

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted December 07 2010 - 02:03 PM

Well done Disney! This was a fun, totally action packed film with a decent story, some kick-ass effects and sound track. There's some great homage's paid to Star Wars, Indiana Jones and best yet, the original Sorcerer's Apprentice.   This one gets an A+
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users