Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Live action)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted December 07 2008 - 04:01 AM

Disney is making a live action version of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". Instead of Mickey Mouse it has some guy named Jay Baruchel, Nicolas Cage plays the sorcerer, and it all takes place in modern-day New York City.Posted Image

#2 of 8 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,400 posts

Posted December 07 2008 - 12:37 PM

Mr. Merlin, the motion picture? Posted Image

#3 of 8 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted March 04 2010 - 07:20 AM

Did you see the trailer for this yet? It came out back in December, and saw a couple photos of Nic Cage in New York floating around recently too for re-shoots. I thought the trailer looked pretty cool....and I'm sure most people know who Jay Baruchel is by now since he's got a bunch of movies coming out now (She's Out of My League, How to Train Your Dragon and this).

http://trailers.appl...rersapprentice/

#4 of 8 Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted March 07 2010 - 07:46 PM

Saw the trailer before one of the movies we just saw.  Didn't realize it was a remake of the cartoon until we saw the brooms and mops cleaning the floor!  I think it looks pretty good!

My DVD Collection

#5 of 8 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,855 posts

Posted March 08 2010 - 05:51 AM

I went to a movie a few weeks ago.  And 2 or 3 of the trailers had movies with Cage in them.  I guess he is working hard to pay off those IRS debts.  :)
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#6 of 8 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted March 08 2010 - 08:53 AM

LOL - perhaps. I've been noticing Jay Baruchel a lot lately, actually - feel like all his upcoming previews have been dominating my TV screens recently - especially How To Train Your Dragon. I liked him in Tropic Thunder so it'll be interesting to see how he handles his leading roles these days, especially a big summer blockbuster. Read an interview with him recently, and apparently he loved working with Cage.

#7 of 8 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted May 14 2010 - 07:53 AM

Just thought I'd update the thread with the latest trailer and poster. Still looks pretty cool to me - love the effects on the poster.

Posted Image

#8 of 8 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted December 07 2010 - 02:03 PM

Well done Disney! This was a fun, totally action packed film with a decent story, some kick-ass effects and sound track. There's some great homage's paid to Star Wars, Indiana Jones and best yet, the original Sorcerer's Apprentice.   This one gets an A+
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!